Suspension Brands

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
91_ka24de
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Suspension Brands

Post by 91_ka24de »

Ive been to a couple drift events, and im starting to get it all down but i want to build up my suspenion more. im going for a decent/ aggressive camber. I have ISIS front coilovers and HKS Hiper dmax coilovers in the rear and front ISIS Tension rods.. Ive recently joined the Navy 6+months and im getting paid decent with hardly any bills. So im able to afford more legit sturdier reliable parts, other than before where i was TRYING to ball on a budget.. never works..

Gettin to the point.. Does anybody have any suggestions on which parts to look at? or any info/ comments or facts? ive been looking at these SPL TITANIUM arms they look pretty strong and durable.
http://www.enjukuracing.com/products/SP ... s-S13.html

theres also GKTech,CUSCO,STANCE ive been looking at. any body have any good luck/bad luck?
"we never have money to do it right,but we always find money to do it twice"

"Money isn't really much of an issue. Only the time it takes to make it." -ILuvS13s

Hatchback,ISIS/HKS Hyper D-Max coilovers, Work Euroline DH fronts 18x8 Rears 18x9 205/40's,Wiseco Pistons,Eagle Rods,deatch work 740cc injectors 255lph,Aem Wideband, 58/63 turbo, megan FPR,Mishimoto rad,3" Apexi turbo back exhaust,Nology Hot Wires, NIStune
91_ka24de

Post by 91_ka24de »

And can I get reliable camber the front with using just the ISIS Tension Rods, and coilovers top hat obviously. thanks guys

"Money isn't really much of an issue. Only the time it takes to make it." -ILuvS13s

Hatchback,ISIS/HKS Hyper D-Max coilovers, Work Euroline DH fronts 18x8 Rears 18x9 205/40's,Wiseco Pistons,Eagle Rods,deatch work 740cc injectors 255lph,Aem Wideband, 58/63 turbo, megan FPR,Mishimoto rad,3" Apexi turbo back exhaust,Nology Hot Wires, NIStune
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

ive had ebay (motoria) arms on my car for 7 years and 60k miles. including upgraded heims and rubber boots, i spent less than that single set of arms.

front tension rods only effect caster. just the camber plates handle the camber. on s14 most seem to be maxed at 2.5*, 3.5 for s13. further camber requires slotting a coilover to knuckel mount or extending the control arms.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
91_ka24de

Post by 91_ka24de »

Whats slotting a coilover? or how do you extend the control arms?

ViperGT
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ViperGT »

using a hiem joint at the inner pivot point and then you can un screw ir to length it or screw it in to shorten.
in a datsun 510:
arias 8.8 .020
eagle rods
clevite bearings
ferrea/exhaust supertech/intake stk
supertech springs and retainers
bc valve guides v2 cams currently crower 288/288 (no good)
port and polish
arp head, main, rod bolts
osk timing
current: custom log mani, TIAL mvr,
later: ati SD garret gtx3071 currently in my possession looking for gtx3576
custom downpipe
lol:
sdaigle240 wrote:beat that thing like it owes you money.
mechavore884
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mechavore884 »

In regards to brands:

For coils go with stance/ fortune autos (the fortunate auto dynos look excellent btw) and if you just happen to have FAT MONEY STAX LAYING AROUND then KW motons or do a Koni setup (I have part numbers if you wanna do konis with swift springs)

for your suspension arms: Powered by max/ SPL /Whiteline make excellent parts worth the money...

and just in case (for reference purposes or if you jsut so happen to want to read more) this article drops knowledge:

http://www.motoiq.com/tech/the_ultimate ... dling.aspx
HAM SANDWICH!!!!
mechavore884
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mechavore884 »

lol as a side note i LOVE the motoiq site because they actually prove all their theories and make sense out of performance. Not this JDM/FAnboy nonsense that floats around the S-chassis ;|
HAM SANDWICH!!!!
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Fortune 500 are awesome for the price. Also koni yellows + eibach coils are a great setup for around 900$. I wouldn't ever trust eBay suspension, I've ran eBay coils before and had a strut snap in half. Good thing o was only pulling put of the driveway when it happened.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
tom550
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by tom550 »

AST, ohlins, JRZ?
mechavore884
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mechavore884 »

+8 for OHLINS!!!....they're beast....but I swear I have a better chance finding white materia than a set of those lol
HAM SANDWICH!!!!