Can SOHC ps lines fit DOHC? (RHD)

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
pballa88
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Can SOHC ps lines fit DOHC? (RHD)

Post by pballa88 »

So I recently purchased a 1990 240sx Right Hand drive with a 1996 KA24DE swapped in. But it doesn't have power steering because one if the hard lines broke for whatever reason. I was wondering if SOHC ps hard lines would fit on the DOHC. Also would right hand drive make a difference on where the ps lines should be? The master PS cylinder is on the right side of the engine bay (Where it should be for RHD)
pballa88
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by pballa88 »

Did more research and learned I need RHD power steering lines
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I don't have experience with RHD stuff but I will tell you that if I wanted to have added p/s during my SOHC to DOHC swap I would have pretty much needed custom lines. I'm pretty sure that the SOHC and the DOHC place the p/s pump on opposite sides, so yes I think DOHC RHD lines might work...
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.