Q45 Injecors (I searched)

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
MasterOSkillio
Dreams of owning a 240!

Q45 Injecors (I searched)

Post by MasterOSkillio »

I am looking to get some Q45 injectors for my setup, and I have come across something I don't know. I get that there are old/new types and I should be using 94-96, but even among the new types of injector there are evidently three more types.

Some have a black dot, others a white dot, and then no dot. Which are the right ones to choose? does anyone know this? I have searched for the info on the dots and come up with nothing. I don't know what colors these injectors come in, but any info on the dots would be great.
MasterOSkillio
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by MasterOSkillio »

I went and looked at the injectors I have on the KA now and noticed that they all have a black dot on them, I am hoping black dot specifies the connector type, since I have found there are different harness connector types for the 370cc injectors.

I ordered an entire fuel rail from a Q45 for $65. Hopefully they will work out, I will post back with the results when I get them.
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Where are these dots you are going by? And why have you chosen to focus on them? As long as the connector will plug into your harness, and they are the correct impedance I don't know what else you would need to rule out.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
MasterOSkillio
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by MasterOSkillio »

TryingToTurbo wrote:Where are these dots you are going by? And why have you chosen to focus on them? As long as the connector will plug into your harness, and they are the correct impedance I don't know what else you would need to rule out.
The dots are on the part where they connect to the harness, the reason I asked was because I went to car-part.com to see if I could find injectors. There were none in the lots close to me, so I thought this might be the pest option.

So basically what I am saying is that I am not able to see the injectors before I purchased them. and the dot was the only distinction made on the website, so I know there are differences, just not what the differences are.
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

MasterOSkillio wrote:
TryingToTurbo wrote:Where are these dots you are going by? And why have you chosen to focus on them? As long as the connector will plug into your harness, and they are the correct impedance I don't know what else you would need to rule out.
The dots are on the part where they connect to the harness, the reason I asked was because I went to car-part.com to see if I could find injectors. There were none in the lots close to me, so I thought this might be the pest option.

So basically what I am saying is that I am not able to see the injectors before I purchased them. and the dot was the only distinction made on the website, so I know there are differences, just not what the differences are.
You may want to call them directly and ask them about the distinction based on the dot color. They may be able to help explain the differences. If you know you need 94-96 Q45 injectors, just say thats the car you have (I'm sure theyll ask) and tell them you don't have any dots on yours.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves

nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

what flow rate do these Q45 injectors claim to have ? in my experience v6 and V8 injectors tend to be sized to flow less fuel in cc/min per injector than 4 cylinders because there are more of them. What performance gain do you hope for? The best way to determine what injector it is is to go by the number stamped in the injector not by dot or color designation..
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
MasterOSkillio
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by MasterOSkillio »

nismoautoxr wrote:what flow rate do these Q45 injectors claim to have ? in my experience v6 and V8 injectors tend to be sized to flow less fuel in cc/min per injector than 4 cylinders because there are more of them. What performance gain do you hope for? The best way to determine what injector it is is to go by the number stamped in the injector not by dot or color designation..
I was under the impression they were all 370cc, I don't think I am anywhere near the first person to do this, it has worked in the past.

This is for a high compression build, it will be NA, with other mods I am looking to be around 215-220 hp
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

MasterOSkillio wrote:
nismoautoxr wrote:what flow rate do these Q45 injectors claim to have ? in my experience v6 and V8 injectors tend to be sized to flow less fuel in cc/min per injector than 4 cylinders because there are more of them. What performance gain do you hope for? The best way to determine what injector it is is to go by the number stamped in the injector not by dot or color designation..
I was under the impression they were all 370cc, I don't think I am anywhere near the first person to do this, it has worked in the past.

This is for a high compression build, it will be NA, with other mods I am looking to be around 215-220 hp
You can find SR 370cc injectors for $80/set. Why not just go that route?

nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

OIC. Ive just never heard that before . Interesting though. If you can get the stamp number you should be able to go to witch hunter injector sevice and run the number and if its one they have tested it will list the flow rate and impedance .

http://witchhunter.com/injectordata1.php
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
MasterOSkillio
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by MasterOSkillio »

TryingToTurbo wrote:
MasterOSkillio wrote:

Don't have enough of a post count to buy from anyone here yet...
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

MasterOSkillio wrote:
TryingToTurbo wrote:
MasterOSkillio wrote:

Don't have enough of a post count to buy from anyone here yet...
You can still send a PM to the person selling. You can also look on Zilvia.