catch can question

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
240driftguy
240sx Wannabe

catch can question

Post by 240driftguy »

hey I put a catch can on my kat I have a hose from the vc port going to a catch can.. the can has to ports on it I have the hose going to one of the ports and the other is vented..is this hooked up right? also I just took it out for a beating and the vc blew out in front where the cam seal is and oil is shooting out of there now? please help
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

Is there a lot of air and oil coming from your valve cover breather in general? Rev it up and see if its blowing out of there

Misfiring or any smoke at all?
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
Shimiboi
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Shimiboi »

I have my catch can going from the vc port to the can to the intake pipe before the turbo. Hope you find a solution.
'93 S13 Coupe
KA-T (stock internals) -T-25 (oil cooled only) @ 7psi -Q45 370cc Injectors -Stock SR Intake piping and SMIC -AEM Dryflow Cone Filter -CS Intake Manifold Gasket/Spacer -RS Enthalpy Tune -TB Spacer -J30 VLSD -3" Megan Downpipe -Megan bottom mount -3" Test Pipe -2.5" Custom Exhaust -AEM Wideband -Turbosmart Boost Gauge
240driftguy
240sx Wannabe

Post by 240driftguy »

yes there Is a lot of air (pressure) coming out of the vc especially when I hit boost I hit wot a lot since I drift it. and oil is shooting every where I tried a getto catch can so more pressure can escape and the hose won't stay in the bottle
Shimiboi
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Shimiboi »

Why not just get an ebay catch can? Better than oil shooting all over the place. Just my $ 0.02
'93 S13 Coupe
KA-T (stock internals) -T-25 (oil cooled only) @ 7psi -Q45 370cc Injectors -Stock SR Intake piping and SMIC -AEM Dryflow Cone Filter -CS Intake Manifold Gasket/Spacer -RS Enthalpy Tune -TB Spacer -J30 VLSD -3" Megan Downpipe -Megan bottom mount -3" Test Pipe -2.5" Custom Exhaust -AEM Wideband -Turbosmart Boost Gauge
schmauster920

Re: catch can question

Post by schmauster920 »

Check your compression, it sounds like you may have busted a ringland
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
240driftguy
240sx Wannabe

Re:

Post by 240driftguy »

Shimiboi wrote:Why not just get an ebay catch can? Better than oil shooting all over the place. Just my $ 0.02
I did get a cheap one that's why I was asking if it was hooked up right because it blew the vc gasket out from pressure. anyway maybe my motor is going but ive been to 2 drift events with it running like this and the cars runs great. I beat the crap out of the car all day long and it took everything I threw at it. :) jw wondering if I had the catch can hooked up right that's all
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

What schmauster said.

You've very likely blown a ringland(s) somewhere. Do a compression test.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
hersheskuirt
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by hersheskuirt »

What year KA do you have?
boker240

Post by boker240 »

airman wrote:What schmauster said.

You've very likely blown a ringland(s) somewhere. Do a compression test.
ya don't worry about the catch can catching oil.all they are for is if u blow up ur sh#t.really don't need one.and im sure ur motor is on the way out.i blew one up under boost one time and puked oil out the pvc all over the place.every ringland on every piston was caved in.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.