T3/T04e Brake line clearance issue

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
jaysol92
240sx Wannabe

T3/T04e Brake line clearance issue

Post by jaysol92 »

Okay guys i've done a bit of research but i'm still left with a few questions regarding the subject. I have a 98 SE S14 which is in the process of being boosted. The car was converted from auto to manual before i bought it so i know my car has the big gay ABS brake booster. I wanna switch to a Non ABS booster because the drum is thinner so my turbo hot side will clear the master cylinder. As of right now its hitting one of the brake lines right at the fitting and will be a problem even with a blanket and a shield. My question here is once i get my hands of a non ABS Booster, do i need a master cylinder that goes with that booster or can i use the ABS master cylinder (the one i have now) with the NON ABS Brake booster. And if so, is there any experienced tips and tricks for doing the swap. Hopefully the question is'nt too confusing haha.
AndrewHuffman
240sx Wannabe

Re: T3/T04e Brake line clearance issue

Post by AndrewHuffman »

any master works with any booster, 240 related....

your best bet is to get a mid 90s 1" pathfinder BMC, as it has the outlets away from the turbo.

yes, you will need to extend/bend lines
jaysol92
240sx Wannabe

Post by jaysol92 »

Nice i like what i see, is it simple to put in the s14 abs booster other than bending the lines??
AndrewHuffman
240sx Wannabe

Post by AndrewHuffman »

jaysol92 wrote:is it simple to put in the s14 non abs booster other than bending the lines??
thats a matter of opinion.
would you rather source a somewhat hard to find part, hope it works, then have to get to those 4 pesky bolts under the dash, then hope it clears the turbo...

or source an easy to find BMC, thats new, and easy to change... and just get some union fittings, premade universal 6" brake lines to extend the factory lines and hand bent them to fit.... and hope it fits....

or do both.
faris
NooB

Post by faris »

i agree with 2hunglow... pull your pan and fill it with the oil you just drained and see where it lies next to your return hole and then you know if you need a better rebuild kit on your turbo and a proper size restrictor wouldn't hurt either