KA-t and Ac?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
1stock240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

KA-t and Ac?

Post by 1stock240 »

I've searched but my research isn't definitive. Which setup is easier to keep Ac and power steering in stock location on a 95 with KA24de? T3/4 top mount or t28 bottom mount? Also any specific manifolds I should look for to maintain these features? Ease of installation? Etc?
shift_down
SuperMod

Re: KA-t and Ac?

Post by shift_down »

I have ac and PS and am using a t3 top mount log manifold.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
1stock240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by 1stock240 »

Which log manifold?
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

ebay mani
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
neverlift
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by neverlift »

I have 3 ebay manifolds early tubular, and two cast versions one on 2cyl the other on 2/3cyl all allow air and ps.
gtrpryde
240sx Wannabe

Post by gtrpryde »

Because I didn't carefully plan my oil return bung, it was in the way of the corner of the a/c bracket. I grinded the bracket and the a/c compressor to make it work thus only having 3 of 4 bolts securing the compressor. They're pretty hefty brackets and bolts so I don't foresee any issues on my end...

For my P/S I think I just moved the resevoir to another bolt that was already in the fender... I don't remember any issues.

This is with a JGS log manifold
KA-T / 50 trim / JGS manifold / DW550cc / Z32 maf / Q-Garage tune / 12psi

Philippians 4:6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
DZTireSlayer
Learners Permit

Post by DZTireSlayer »

I've seen a few set-ups still with A/C. Might be a bit more tricky to do then if it wasn't there but it can be done.

Don't mean to thread jack but I can't post questions... for those who are running ebay top mounts, what is the quality like? Will I burn through? I remember my brothers old 1g talon had a ebay turbo mani and he burned pin holes through it twice... thanks for any info.
gtrpryde
240sx Wannabe

Post by gtrpryde »

DZTireSlayer wrote:I've seen a few set-ups still with A/C. Might be a bit more tricky to do then if it wasn't there but it can be done.

Don't mean to thread jack but I can't post questions... for those who are running ebay top mounts, what is the quality like? Will I burn through? I remember my brothers old 1g talon had a ebay turbo mani and he burned pin holes through it twice... thanks for any info.
The OBX T3 seemed decent but still cracked (with header heat wrap)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40453

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Turbo-Manif ... 2577wt_924

This is cast iron so it shouldn't crack, but needs some porting to match the head flange to the head. Heck for the price you could take it somewhere to get ported/ have them build you a downpipe and still come out pretty good.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-1990-1991- ... 302wt_1161

Any other cheap ebay manifolds are proven garbage..

Sorry for adding to the threadjack, but my useful info was already added for the OP :beer:
KA-T / 50 trim / JGS manifold / DW550cc / Z32 maf / Q-Garage tune / 12psi

Philippians 4:6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.
nextproject
Learners Permit

Post by nextproject »

do bottom mount t28 setups interfere w/ ac/ps? my plan is to run an S15 dbb turbo and retain ac/ps.
DZTireSlayer
Learners Permit

Post by DZTireSlayer »

gtrpryde wrote:
DZTireSlayer wrote:I've seen a few set-ups still with A/C. Might be a bit more tricky to do then if it wasn't there but it can be done.

The OBX T3 seemed decent but still cracked (with header heat wrap)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=40453

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Turbo-Manif ... 2577wt_924

This is cast iron so it shouldn't crack, but needs some porting to match the head flange to the head. Heck for the price you could take it somewhere to get ported/ have them build you a downpipe and still come out pretty good.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-1990-1991- ... 302wt_1161

Any other cheap ebay manifolds are proven garbage..

Sorry for adding to the threadjack, but my useful info was already added for the OP :beer:

Thanks for the info man! Much appreciated