leaking injector w/no pressure

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
s13newbie
240sx Wannabe

leaking injector w/no pressure

Post by s13newbie »

I removed my timing chain guides last night .Put it all back together went to fire it up and good nothing. Put my timing light on it and didn't see any timing marks on the pulley so I figured the dizzy was 180 out somehow. So I pulled the plugs so i could set it to TDC and noticed the #1 plug had raw fuel on it. By time I pulled the rest, #1 cyl was full of fuel and filling the spark plug tube. Only way I could stop it is by putting a break hose clamp on the Feed fuel line.

Now I know there was fuel still in the system from when I tried to start it. & I didn't relieve the pressure b4 pulling the plugs. When I pull the end of the fuel rail and peaked at the tip, was there a steady stream of fuel coming out of #1 injector. Even with the battery disconnected.

I figure the injector is stuck open.

The car started and ran fine last night, just really noisy in the timing chain are. Hence y I took offthe guides. And now the injector is leaking. Am I really that unlucky?
1991 240sx hatchback
Engine/drivetrain- Injen intake, K&N cone filter, centerforce stage II clutch, custom 1 peice driveshaft,dual altima E-fans, mini filter for pcv valve on valve cover.

Chassis- Eibach pro springs, KYB GR-2 struts, front & rear strut tower brace

Prime 15" rims
s13newbie
240sx Wannabe

Re: leaking injector w/no pressure

Post by s13newbie »

Anyway my question is do I need to replace the injector, could it just be the o-ring, an I missing something?

And the search function on our site leaves a lil to be desired. Esp one you've had a few drinks. I'll take anyadvice u guys have to offer. Thanks guys
1991 240sx hatchback
Engine/drivetrain- Injen intake, K&N cone filter, centerforce stage II clutch, custom 1 peice driveshaft,dual altima E-fans, mini filter for pcv valve on valve cover.

Prime 15" rims
neverlift
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by neverlift »

engrish is a little lacking after a few too :)

probably just the oring. once the rail is pulled from the manifold you should be able to tell if fuel is exiting through the injector or around the injector.

change your oil!
s13newbie
240sx Wannabe

Post by s13newbie »

If there is a slow trickle coming out of the injector tip,not coming from around the injector) even with key off and bat disconnected, I'm guessing the injector is shot. Looking for a used one now cuz just bought my first house and funds are restricted plus 150 for a new one is a but much.

My question is, the key was off, bat has been off for few days, why was there pressure in the system to leak out the tip of the injector? Just curious since the fuel had to work against gravity to leak out the tip.
1991 240sx hatchback

Prime 15" rims
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

Thats just how it is, stuck open, or something blocking it from closing. Fuel in the rail, hoses, its gotta go somewhere of least resistance. Even if it was not under pressure, the vapor always builds some pressure...
Saving KA24's... One at a time...