T25 250HP KA-T Build Questions!!! W/PICS

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
WhiteZenkiii
NooB

T25 250HP KA-T Build Questions!!! W/PICS

Post by WhiteZenkiii »

I am planning on building a KA-T for my S14 and I had some questions. I searched a lot of Threads for answers but not every question was answered, so here it is my T25 KA-T Thread. :mrgreen:

I picked up a S13 SR20 Garrett T25 Turbocharger which was leaking oil into the exhaust side and burning it.Image

A good start for my project is actually rebuilding it ( which I am currently) and starting with a working turbo. Before starting rebuilding the turbo I got a nice SR20 370cc cleaned and tested injectors set from Ebay.Image

This project is going to have to be on as low as possible budget so the turbo only cost 30$ and 75$ for the injectors. I'm currently checking Craigslist for cheap KA-T parts . If you have any good parts for my build send me a PM. So Here are my questions to you KA-T forum people:

1- INTERCOOLER- What kind of Intercooler piping (diameter) and the intercooler (size) itself do I need, Could i use 3" piping or is that too big for my small setup?
2- ECU- What kind of ECU tuning should I get? I know that Tuning my car with only the SAFC to control the fuel isn't very safe because the KA isn't turbo from the factory, so which shop can tune my ECU for cheap or if I could do something different with the ECU question...
3- MOUNT- Top mount or Bottom mount? Which one of them is cheaper and easier to do?
4- EXHAUST MANIFOLD- Talking about Top or Bottom mount exhaust manifolds Could I buy a Cheap Ebay Manifold for my 250HP-ish setup? I was looking at ISIS bottom mounts but they're about 260$ which is a kind of a lot, and does the T25 have a T3 flange? I was looking at ebay manifolds and that's what they had the most.
5- DOWNPIPE- should I buy or make it custom, Ebay has some but I still don't know if i should top or bottom mount the Turbo.
6- WATER FEED- I know what I need about the Oil feed and drain but I need some knowledge about the water feed to the T25 or could I just not connect the water to the turbo and make it Oil cooled only?
7- MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR- I know that the stock KA MAF maxes out at 240hp and i'm aiming for something more than that so should I go with Z32 or N60? Or even something different that those that i could get for cheap. :twocents-02cents:

8- FUEL SYSTEM- I'm planning to install a Z32 Fuel filter just for the little extra flow and An ISIS 255lph fuel pump instead of the Walbro because I heard good stuff about the low noise and the price is great. I will buy a new ISIS Unless I get a used Walbro for cheap...
9- Other - I have to know about the oil catch can and the breather, what to use, where to connect everything and other small accessories like it.

Those are all the questions from the top of my head but I will keep updating the thread if I have some more. The Engine project is coming together slowly but surely and again send me a pm if you have any parts I need, Im located In Tampa Bay, FL.
shift_down
SuperMod

Re: T25 250HP KA-T Build Questions!!! W/PICS

Post by shift_down »

Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
shift_down
SuperMod

Re: T25 250HP KA-T Build Questions!!! W/PICS

Post by shift_down »

http://www.ka-t.org/viewtopic.php?f=22& ... mobile=off

Read these and do your research. You will easily find your answers.

Good luck
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539