New to KA-T

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
spddvl
NooB

New to KA-T

Post by spddvl »

I just picked up my first 240sx and it came with a KA-T already in it. But it has some flaws (ok a lot of them). Right now the car is running uber rich and after a little while of driving it will flood itself out. When you get on it the car breaks up bad. The wiring is a mess and I am trying to clean it up or at least repair the damage cheaply till I can find a new wiring harness. My goal is to first get the car back to 100% status. So, what could be my issue with this? I will list all modifications below. Also I have no radiator fans they don't turn on the previous owner did some hack wiring job on them and I need to know how to fix them, I'll try to get photos of them after work tomorrow. I appreciate any and all help. Yes, I will be searching the form for answers, but any positive feed back is welcome.

Mods
Stock internals, ARP Head studs, precision SC34 Turbo (doesn't say precision so I assume its ebay), boost designs top mount manifold, tial wastegate, synapse BOV, MSD 72lb incjectors (the coding on the injectors say 17104988a which refer to delphi 75lb), the ecu is tuned by RS-Enthalpy for 72lbs (would this be a huge source of my problem?), ebay FPR, JGY topfeed fuel rail, custom down pipe, ebay apexi 3" exhaust, ebay intercooler and piping, z32 maf, aem wideband,

Thanks for looking.
neverlift
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: New to KA-T

Post by neverlift »

Thats only a few percent but other factors may come into play, like high vs low Z or latency depending on the 2 specific injectors.

Whats is your base fuel pressure? Probably the easiest way to compensate for the injector size difference is the fpr.

Fix your wires mayn
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

Was it in bad condition when you first bought it? Did you check for any signs of engine problems? Comp check? Oil check? Smoking or leaks?

How are the injector seals and insulators? Boost leak test yet? plugs?

For the rad fans controller, The autoparts store one's work alright... $40, adj 165-190 degree range kick on..

For the harness, go over and repair as best as you can the most major semsors components and clips.

Enthalpy tunes Kick butt so get ready to enjoy!
Saving KA24's... One at a time...
spddvl
NooB

Post by spddvl »

The car does have a oil leak (not sure as of wear yet its not off the turbo), the car doesn't smoke, I will need to clean the engine bay to begin to trace it out. The FPR reads around 37 at idle. I am not sure if the fuel injectors are high or low. I am thinking about purchasing another harness and swapping this one out to start over. Now the Radiator fans were daisy linked together than wired to the fuse/relay panel and than a wire was sent inside the car to a switch.
spddvl
NooB

Post by spddvl »

Well I checked the maf it was good, fuel injectors are fine, I am going to send the ECU back to have it inspected by RS-Enthalpy. Praying for some good news.