S14 ka24de in s13 chassis; Not turning off!

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
OverkillSil
Learners Permit

S14 ka24de in s13 chassis; Not turning off!

Post by OverkillSil »

Hey guys! So recently I swapped a 95 obd2 ka into my 90 s13! I did all the wiring myself instead of swapping parts to s13 since I couldnt find parts.

So here's the problem, it won't turn off. Ignition cylinder is good, ignition switch is good. I'm almost positive my trouble is wiring. When i turn the key off the car stays on so I kill it, fuel pump stays on along with the red dash lights such as oil, seat belt, etc. I've been having to pop the hood and disconnect the battery. SO...any ideas? Appreciate it!
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: S14 ka24de in s13 chassis; Not turning off!

Post by beercandrifter »

OverkillSil wrote:Hey guys! So recently I swapped a 95 obd2 ka into my 90 s13! I did all the wiring myself instead of swapping parts to s13 since I couldnt find parts.

So here's the problem, it won't turn off. Ignition cylinder is good, ignition switch is good. I'm almost positive my trouble is wiring. When i turn the key off the car stays on so I kill it, fuel pump stays on along with the red dash lights such as oil, seat belt, etc. I've been having to pop the hood and disconnect the battery. SO...any ideas? Appreciate it!
did you measure the output of your key cylinder to make sure it stopped providing voltage on the off position?

I had that happen to me once, I ended up having to replace the wire harness under the steering wheel for the ignition key cylinder
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
LPime001
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by LPime001 »

Have you had any problems with the ECU?

I had a similar issue but mine was caused by a burnt trace in the ecu that also fried a diode. I patched the trace but never fixed the diode and i ended up having the same problem as you.

I found a ghetto work around which was removing the EGI Relay in the engine bay.

Try removing the relay and see if the car turns on and shuts off as it should.
Turbonetics 50 Trim T3/T4 .63ar
JGS Log Mani & Downpipe
Turbonetics Wastegate
Greddy Type RS Blow Off
PLX Wideband
Prosport Boost and Oil Gauge
CalumRT
WRX STI Injectors
OverkillSil
Learners Permit

Post by OverkillSil »

The ecu is in great shape. Trying to trace the problem with a multimeter now.I'll go see if i even have the egi relay and give it a shot lol
OverkillSil
Learners Permit

Post by OverkillSil »

Alright the EGI relay being removed doesn't do anything sadly. Checked all my relays at this point not sure why its not turning off.
Gotenks64
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Gotenks64 »

It is probably your ignition switch. I had the ECU issue associated with this before. Try to find another one to test with or just order a new one.
Built Head w/ BC stage two 264/264 Cams
Cosmetic Head Gasket
.020 Over Bore with Wiseco 9:1
Eagle Rods
Fully balanced rotating assembly
Stock flywheel
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
ARP'ed Everything
Clevite Bearings
SARD 850cc Injectors
i_slide
240sx Wannabe

Post by i_slide »

I had this happen to me only when the harness was unplugged with no engine in. (Turning on to put up the power windows) it turns out a ground control what ever function it is to **** off engine/accessories. Which ground it is I'm not sure but double check your grounds.
Project - Aries 8.8.1, Crower pro series rods, Kelford 272, 11mm head studs, Five0 2150cc, Magnafuel-4303, PTE6466

Daily - 95 stock block, ARP's, bigger ring gaps etc, 57Trim/63A/R, 550cc, z32 Maf, 93 octane /110 octane maps.

Follow me on Instagram @Prep_40oz