Anybody here do the nissan quest alternator upgrade??

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
jaysol92
240sx Wannabe

Anybody here do the nissan quest alternator upgrade??

Post by jaysol92 »

hey everyone, i need to upgrade my alternator cause my stock s14 one is pooping on me so i have a 110 amp nissan quest alternator i want to install but b4 i install it any words of wisdom and some do's and dont's before i start. I know its not a direct bolt-on so any info would be sweet! Thanks peeps.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Re: Anybody here do the nissan quest alternator upgrade??

Post by airman »

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

https://www.google.com/#q=240sx+alternator+upgrade

Good luck and take your time :)
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

You have to notch the mounting point to push the alternator to the location you want. I can't remember but make sure you do one cut so you can use this piece as a spacer for the other side.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

sdaigle240 wrote:125 Amp quest alternator installed. just drilled the ears and threw a spacer behind the bracket with longer bolts. no need to cut anything. went from 13.1 to 14.1v at idle. haven't driven yet. already pleased.

i used 2 oversize nuts as spacers and some leftover longer front cover bolts. drilled out the steel bushing in the ears to accept the OEM 240 bolt and i was good to go.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
Peter_Tremonti
NooB

Post by Peter_Tremonti »

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/s14-2 ... grade.html

That's the hard way to do it. I did it again a second time a year later with a new 2007 quest 125 amp alternator the easy way. Just got some longer bolts for the bracket and two stacks of washers to space out the adjuster bracket. Worked out fine. Been like that ever since no issues.