Water Temp Gauge Question

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
JoeDirte
Learners Permit

Water Temp Gauge Question

Post by JoeDirte »

Does anyone know the thread size on the exhaust side of the block for the coolant drain plug? The reason I'm asking is I would like to install my temperature sensor for aftermarket gauges there. If anyone has a link to a part number or any insight that would be great. My greatest fear is that its a 3/8 BSPT size because those adapters are hard to find.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Re: Water Temp Gauge Question

Post by airman »

I can tell you I haven't found anything that is NPT on our motors. I tried a 3/8 NPT plug in the heater core outlet on the passenger side of the block and it only makes it about 1 full thread around.

I bet you it is 3/8 BSPT :/
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
cyan1de
NooB

Post by cyan1de »

McMaster Carr sells a 3/8" BSPT male to -6AN male adapter. It's between $6-7. I bought one to use on my breather separator box to replace my PCV valve.
bmaddock
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by bmaddock »

airman wrote: I bet you it is 3/8 BSPT :/

+1

Oil pressure sensor port on the intake side of the block is 1/8" BSPT, probably a good assumption.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

bmaddock wrote:

+1

Oil pressure sensor port on the intake side of the block is 1/8" BSPT, probably a good assumption.
We will find out soon. I ordered 3 from Grainger.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
JoeDirte
Learners Permit

Post by JoeDirte »

airman wrote:
bmaddock wrote:

+1

We will find out soon. I ordered 3 from Grainger.
Awesome, let us know your finding sir.