350ish HP from a DE setup

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Nomad5770
NooB

350ish HP from a DE setup

Post by Nomad5770 »

Well after I get my daily driver setup for the winter that is coming, I'm going to start working/saving to turbo my DE. I've seen a lot of posts saying that at 350ish HP that you don't really need to rebuild anything except pistons, but just to make sure my bases are covered, I'm going to do a full build, just in case I decide to try to for more horsies down the road. Using what I got off of this forum, and other places on the interwebs, this is what I have figured so far. I haven't gotten into looking at turbo's yet, my main goal right now is to get the motor ready.

The question marks mean, I don't know if I will need them yet or not.

Block
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
ARP Flywheel Bolts
ARP Pressure Plate Bolts
Crankshaft?
Crower Bearings
CP-Carillo Rods
CP-Carillo Pistons
Piston Rings
Regular Gaskets

Head
Cometic MLS Head Gasket
Supertech Dual Valve Springs
Supertech Titanium Retainers
Jim Wolf Technology Cams

Fuel System
DeatchWerks 550cc Injectors
Jim Wolf Technology Injector Resistors?
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
s14fiend
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: 350ish HP from a DE setup

Post by s14fiend »

To make 350whp you do NOT need a new Crank although that would be ideal in the long run for the "horssiies," if you can afford it.

I would simply have the crank lightly polished to deburr or remove any imperfections in the build process.

Injector Resistors..... no Deatchwerks if they are side feed won't need resistors..... unless you upgrade to larger top feed's like RC injectors you won't need them.

I have deatchwerks 550cc that I no longer have use for since 350whp is not longer a goal and my car is no longer daily. pm me for further details.
2hunglow1standhi
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 2hunglow1standhi »

How many miles you have on that motor? Just wondering cause you didn't list any oil/water pumps, or timing components. Just checking...
Saving KA24's... One at a time...
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Stock crank is fine. Just polish like s14 said. The resistors are only needed if you are trying to run low impedance injectors with a high impedance ecu. If you are going to use Nistune, chipped ecu, etc, make sure to get high impedance injectors. The dw are high impedance injectors so if you are using a modded stock ecu, your good.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Nomad5770
NooB

Post by Nomad5770 »

The idea for me is to basically rebuild the motor with all new internals. I know i don't need to buy a new crank for only 350 hp but I'd rather be safe than sorry since I know who used to own the motor. So everything will be brand new except the block and head.
s14fiend
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by s14fiend »

^ Then buy the upgraded crank supposedly they are better as far as keeping vibrations down and it would make your motor last longer without spinning rod bearings and just overall a good piece to upgrade, it's just pricey lol :twocents-02cents:
Nomad5770
NooB

Post by Nomad5770 »

Thanks guys, you all have helped me figure some stuff out lol. Now I need to get all the bolt sizes for the motor, I had bad experiences with the bolts in my stock KA and has to use some from my "project" motor.
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by R34SR »

If i could do it all over again, I would do a basic rebuild of the engine with OEM gaskets.

the only thing i would tell you to do ahead of time is use lower compression pistons, 8.8 :1 if 93 octane is all you will have.

id keep every other damn thing stock especially for your powergoals....the amount of money you will save should go towards a proper ecu...such as a Megasquirt pnp.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG