Competition Clutch White Bunny Problem

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Sox4life
NooB

Competition Clutch White Bunny Problem

Post by Sox4life »

Ordered a competition clutch white bunny full faced version and the throw out bearing that it came with doesn't fit, so I just used a KA oem one. I had to grind off that tang for aligning the flywheel but other than that didn't change anything. So put everything together and the clutch pedal goes straight to the floor and wont come back up one it's own. I bled the system and there was next to no air in it. Dropped tranny again and the bearing, fork and all that stuff is installed correctly. I watched the slave as the clutch pedal was being pressed and seem to be fine and operating like it should. Anyone else have this problem? All I can think of is I got sent the wrong bearing with it. I wouldnt think any adjustment to the pedal would fix this. I check for other posts with this problem but couldn't find a solution. If anyone is using this setup how did your install go?
Cleanest PA 240
wc240
NooB

Re: Competition Clutch White Bunny Problem

Post by wc240 »

i installed this same kit last year. honestly it was the smoothest install ive ever done(over 30 oem clutch kit installs)
its hard to say without seeing.
when you depress the clutch pedal, the slave cylinder is fully traveling? not just like a quarter inch. i believe more like 1-1.5?
i would give the company a call. good people to work with. or depending on what distributor you used, give them a call.
sorry i dont have any answers but no one else commented on this.
my install as smooth, everything lined up properly. been on this setup for a year.
its very possible to install the clutch disk backwards.
you say the throwout bearing didnt fit, how so?
flip240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by flip240 »

I didn't have a problem with this install either and have been running the CC white bunny for ~3 years now. I agree with wc240, measure the clutch fork travel and get back to us and/or contact the company.
- Phil - Concord Gray S14 - 339 rwhp, 340 ft-tq @ 12psi
Daily driven turbocharged KA24 for 10 years and counting. 2004-2014
My setup: KA24DE-T
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

With the pedal not returning back up, this means there is not enough pressure in the circuit for the hydraulics to operate properly. Any time I encounter that, it's always a problem with there being air in the circuit. I know you said it's bled, but 'next to no air' and 'no air' does have a difference in my book :) What method are you using to bleed? When I first started learning all of this, it definitely took some time to understand what it takes to be fully bled.

The amount of travel on the slave cylinder is important as wc240 has said. Make sure it is adequate.

You say the throw out bearing from CC did not fit..could you tell any physical differences between it and the OEM one you put on? That is a little surprising.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

I ran into an issue with passive block on the clutch line. I had it installed for years but when I recently went to change my slave, I could not get it to bleed for the life of me. I ended up bypassing the unit. I wonder if the veins get clogged and the cause of why it cannot bleed.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
modulation
240sx Wannabe

Post by modulation »

Sox4life you ever get this figured out? My CC WB clutch is on its way. wc240 did you use the TOB that came with it, or a stock Nissan one?
Ratrodtaylor
Learners Permit

Post by Ratrodtaylor »

No problem with the bearing fitting when I installed my CC WB. I wonder if they made a mistake at sent the wrong one? As for having no pressure I agree with the others, sounds like there could be air in the lines still.
modulation
240sx Wannabe

Post by modulation »

My CCWB kit arrived today. TOB fit fine, I think it might be a touch larger then the OEM one but not enough that I would think twice about using OEM one if one that came didn't fit.

Really like the fit and finish. Feel like it's well put together and machined kit. Only thing that confused me was which way to put clutch disk, but then I realized when installing it, that it'll only work one way.
Sox4life
NooB

Post by Sox4life »

I actually figured it out the next day. Problem was intact air in the system which is what I thought but not matter how much I bled it it had no change. So then I was thinking it had something to do with the damper which I then noticed a bleeder on it, but ended up bypassing it and worked fine. It grabs nice and engagement is way better without that damper. I had also thought that an oem bearing somehow wasnt able to compress the fingers on the pressure plate but contacted enjuku and guy I talked to said he used an eom on his and it worked fine. I must have been sent the wrong bearing but no way I was taking the tranny out again. Gonna be getting started on installing the turbo Mon
Cleanest PA 240
modulation
240sx Wannabe

Post by modulation »

Sox4life wrote:I actually figured it out the next day.
Awesome! I got finished my install today and did a test drive. I found the pedal way more stiff then the stock clutch, did you notice that? Maybe I need to bleed more air out of the system)

First clutch job I did myself. Very proud of myself.
Sox4life
NooB

Post by Sox4life »

The pedal was way more stiff in mine too but after I drove it a bit it began to soften up. Maybe the pressure plate just needs broken in or something. Mine is still a bit firmer than stock but that may have to do with not having the damper anymore and all new fluid (the old was really dirty) so it should feel different than before
Cleanest PA 240