oil lines/pressure.

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
modulation
240sx Wannabe

oil lines/pressure.

Post by modulation »

I was running a tee straight off the block with line to turbo and oil pressure sender coming off of it. A BSPT and 1/4 NPT connector connecting the tee the the block. Oil pressure was always good etc..

This morning all I did was move the tee off the block with a -3an line. A -3an line also goes to the turbo. I am now seeing max oil psi of ~40-45 instead of like 60 before I moved the tee of the block. Is it because I'm using two -3an lines, and the line from the block to the tee needs to be bigger?

I thought it might because of added resistance since the pressure sender gets gnd though the hoses connected to the block, but when I measure resistance from the chassis to the sender I don't see any.

I triple/quadruple checked and I'm not leaking oil from any of the connections.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Re: oil lines/pressure.

Post by airman »

Interesting problem...one way to be sure your re-plumbing is causing the perceived pressure drop would be to go back to your old routing and see if it goes back to normal. I can't see why it should have affected anything though...
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
modulation
240sx Wannabe

Re: oil lines/pressure.

Post by modulation »

Bringing this back from the past, I finally got around to redoing lines. I now have the brass tee back on the engine block. Instead of having pressure sender right on the brass tee, I have a line running from the tee to the sender, and a separate line from the tee to the turbo. Oil pressure sender indicates oil pressure is back to where it was before I moved the tee off the block and then going to the turbo.