oil line questions

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Cyko240
NooB

oil line questions

Post by Cyko240 »

so after hours of looking for answers I found nothing but I have more questions now then when I started.

1. on the exhaust side of the ka24de there is a freeze plug in the cyl 4 area and a plug. Wtf is the plug for? Can I make water/oil lines go to it, ie return? pic below

2. my front cover has a hex head/allen plug where the an fitting is on below pic can I use it as a oil feed line for turbo?

3. Anyone ever routed water lines from block heater core line to turbo around the back of the block?

4. Anyone ever drilled into the block at an angle close to the bottom for the return? I am thinking the angle will give better flow and height is good for drain.

SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Re: oil line questions

Post by SoundEfx »

Why would you want to drill into the block when you can safely drill the oil pan?
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Re: oil line questions

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

SoundEfx wrote:Why would you want to drill into the block when you can safely drill the oil pan?
Agreed with above statement.

Also, yes you can remove the bolt near the freeze plug and use that as your coolant feed to the turbo. I have seen others tap into heater hose as a return line lol; keep in mind that your heater will pump out SUPER HOT AIR LOL due to the coolant being heated by that turbo.