What is the correct way to modify my car?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
S13LUKE
NooB

What is the correct way to modify my car?

Post by S13LUKE »

Hello there! I'm new here, and I'm sorry if this was already covered. So currently I have a stock ka24de in my 240, with a welded diff, coils and wheels. I want to get out to the track as soon as possible, but first I think I need some more power. I'm going to be drifting it, and was just wondering what would be the best way to upgrade without having to backtrack, I don't want to buy parts now that I'm just going to have to upgrade in a little while. I dont want to go SR or go too crazy yet with hp. Just enough to slide easily. Thanks for the response, and sorry if this was already covered.
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: What is the correct way to modify my car?

Post by Bubba »

Stock KA cars shred at the track all day on drift days. Some of the people at our local events have been NA KA for more than 2 years now and some still out-do the guys with power.

Best I can say is upgrade exhaust to either a 2.5" or 3" catback and get more seat time at the drift events before you try to upgrade a bunch of stuff.

Seat time will make you a better competitor than power.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
S13LUKE
NooB

Post by S13LUKE »

Thanks for the feedback. What tire setup do you suggest for a stock ka. I'm running 9's with venturas on them. Should I just throw the stock wheels out back with high pressure tires? Also, after reading that, should I invest in suspension components rather than engine at this point?
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

I always do suspension first.

Start out on your stock wheels and use decent tires up front if you can. I wouldn't over inflate the tires. An even contact patch will help you learn control better and your tires will most likely last longer. Longer lasting tires means more time in the seat.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org