Tightening crank pulley

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
DrEaMeR_VaNg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Tightening crank pulley

Post by DrEaMeR_VaNg »

So this is a really noob question but how do you tighten the crank pulley? I bought a motor and that bolt is loose (supposedly it was a good motor but now I'm thinking it's a bad motor because the bolt is loose).

The motor is out of the car. Could I tighten the crank pulley by chaining the flywheel bolt holes to one of the transmission holes on the block? That's how I've always installed my flywheel so would it work the same as tightening the crank pulley?

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Kouki.Love.
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: Tightening crank pulley

Post by BigLoukaT »

I honestly can't remember how I did it, but believe that's the approach I took (chaining the flywheel to the bellhousing holes)
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by beercandrifter »

have used big screwdriver on flywheel to lock in place (2 man job, also very painful when screwdriver slips)

have also held the camshafts in place with a large adjustable wrench which worked quite well

easiest and preferred is to get snug while out of car and tighten when attached to trans in gear (in car)
Last edited by beercandrifter on Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

Dreamer, just like you mentioned is the same way I tighten my crank/flywheel.