S14 JGS Motor Mount Allen Screw help!

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

S14 JGS Motor Mount Allen Screw help!

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

Need help understanding which way these things go on and where are the allen bolts supposed to go correctly? Too many long hours at work & on the car that I seriously cannot think straight.

So the diagram JGS has up states on the left side "NOTE: The markings on the mount are marked backwards.Install allen screw in opposite location show". HOWEVER it has this written next to the s13 mounts. Is this specifically for S13 mounts or for all? This pic shows for 14 that is uses the s13P holes, so really for the s14 you should use the S13D/S14 holes correct?

NateDogg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: S14 JGS Motor Mount Allen Screw help!

Post by NateDogg »

Hey cutie pie,

I just installed these on my S13. The allen screws are always at the bottom to prevent the threads from getting trashed in the subframe. They act as stoppers.

The diagram is confusing because it shows the bottom of the mount looking from the top, a "through-view".
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Re: S14 JGS Motor Mount Allen Screw help!

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

NateDogg wrote:Hey cutie pie,

I just installed these on my S13. The allen screws are always at the bottom to prevent the threads from getting trashed in the subframe. They act as stoppers.

The diagram is confusing because it shows the bottom of the mount looking from the top, a "through-view".
YOU SIR, are AWESOME! Thank you. So now I know the Allen bolts go on the bottom almost as a bump stop to protect the threading. Currently the diagram shows the Allen screw in the s13 position, is this still true or do they need to go in the s13/14 hole? Thank you.