RB25 ACT Clutch not disengaging

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

RB25 ACT Clutch not disengaging

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

I've got an ACT RB20/25/26 HD street clutch kit (pressure plate / clutch) mated with RB20/25/26 XTD light weight flywhee setup that WILL NOT disengage. I've tried just about everything, new slave, new master cycliner, adjusted clutch pedal, bled the system, NADA. Only thing I can think of is that the ACT RB series clutch kits don't work on our car/tranny. I've read SPEC RB series worked with the XTD flywheel, and that 350/G35 ACT kits work with the XTD RB series flywheel, but have not seen anyone running the ACT RB series clutch kits. Anyone have any other suggestions before I scrap this brand new (sitting in box since 2015 so cant return) ACT RB series clutch kit / flywheel and just pick up KA kit? Thinking of going white bunny setup but I'm not a fan of CC
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Re: RB25 ACT Clutch not disengaging

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

And to add to that, the clutch pedal is impossible to depress. There is so much pressure built up in the lines (I've bled numerous times) that I'm literally bending the clutch pedal bracket.
-- I do not have the clutch dampener either.
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

Any help?
Basically, not sure if it matters, but i noticed that getting the PP onto the flywheel WITH the clutch disk installed is VERRRRRY difficult, took 2 of us. ALmost as if the clutch disk is too thick or somethings not right? With the clutch disk installed and trying to put the PP on, it BARELY catches on the edge of the dowel pins.

is this normal? I cannot move the clutch fork by hand either. Not even the slightest. Never had a this problem nor any problem with clutch installs.

Without the clutch disc installed, the PP plate sits on it fine.

WITHOUT clutch disk

WITH clutch disk installed
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

So new slave cylinder is leaking from the dust boot LOL, great. So that's shot. Will buy a new one and report back.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Woah. So you can't even get the pressure plate seated all the way against the flywheel when the clutch disc is installed?
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

adamky wrote:Woah. So you can't even get the pressure plate seated all the way against the flywheel when the clutch disc is installed?
Not without torquing the bolts down that's correct. Basically had to hold the PP with my knee while i hand threaded some PP bolts to the FW OR had a friend hold the PP while I threaded the bolts. I don't ever remember having this hard of a time installing a clutch/PP. I do know that the ACT is a pretty heavy duty PP however.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Ah, I see. I misunderstood. ACT pressure plates tend to be pretty stiff. I'm running their Xtreme pressure plate and there is no way I could disengage it by simply pressing on the clutch fork.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

adamky wrote:Ah, I see. I misunderstood. ACT pressure plates tend to be pretty stiff. I'm running their Xtreme pressure plate and there is no way I could disengage it by simply pressing on the clutch fork.
Yeah I did notice it moving once I bled the system more, however slave is leaking so doesn't disengage all the way. What's odd is that in neutral the driveshaft still spins the rear wheels, and not the way where you could stop with your hands. I'm starting to think this tranny is shot, as the synchros may be locking into other things causing it to "be in gear"
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Cute240sxGuy wrote:What's odd is that in neutral the driveshaft still spins the rear wheels, and not the way where you could stop with your hands. I'm starting to think this tranny is shot, as the synchros may be locking into other things causing it to "be in gear"
This happened to me a wile back and I about sh!t a brick at first. But it's actually normal. No worries.
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

adamky wrote:
Cute240sxGuy wrote:What's odd is that in neutral the driveshaft still spins the rear wheels, and not the way where you could stop with your hands. I'm starting to think this tranny is shot, as the synchros may be locking into other things causing it to "be in gear"
This happened to me a wile back and I about sh!t a brick at first. But it's actually normal. No worries.
Yeah, I think mine is a little different lol, the wheels are spinning pretty quickly, and the speedo is reading 40mph while at idle.....
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Does the speedo drop to zero when you hit the brakes and the wheels stop moving? Can you get a video of it and upload it somewhere?
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

adamky wrote:Does the speedo drop to zero when you hit the brakes and the wheels stop moving? Can you get a video of it and upload it somewhere?
Will check on that later today after work! Thanks for the suggestions.
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

Received my new exedy clutch master and slave today and everything works fantastic. Clutch feels awesome and the system bled perfectly. Added some redline MT-90 GL-4 tranny gear oil as well. Now to figure out why it's going 40mph in neutral lol.