Help with fitment

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
kaytlinkat
NooB

Help with fitment

Post by kaytlinkat »

So this is my first kat and I don't know **** about Turbo motors really have been learning as I go. But I am running into the issue now that my Turbo is hitting the motor mount bracket. Just got Turbo rebuilt it's a Garrett gt2876r and unsure of manifold just tubular no name. And I have the block without accessories but with motor mount brackets (stock) on an engine stand. Trying to bolt up Turbo. Clocked it to where the oil drain port is down and the compressor housing is hitting the motor mount bracket preventing me from putting Turbo on. Do I need a new manifold or and kind of special bracket anyone else ever ran into this issue.?. Any help appreciated didn't find anything on Google but I'll keep trying.
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: Help with fitment

Post by BigLoukaT »

What part of the compressor is hitting? Picture?
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
kaytlinkat
NooB

Post by kaytlinkat »

Apparently my phone has to large or high quality of pictures it's the stock mount bracket and the compressor housing is just barely touching the rear metal piece of the mount. If I shave the mount down it will fit but I am kind of sketched out cutting that any thoughts? I know it's kind of hard to tell without pics.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Upload the pics to Photobucket.com. It will automatically adjust the file size for posting on forums. Or just resize them in something like MS Paint and upload it here as an attachment
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread