Opinions on CX Racing Turbo Kit?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
AbandonedTeddy
NooB

Opinions on CX Racing Turbo Kit?

Post by AbandonedTeddy »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CXRacing-Turbo- ... 0691433978

that one ^

I'm running a stock ka24de on a s13 hatch and i'm thinking of later on boosting the car with this kit, i've heard CX Racing has gotten better over the years and this kit doesn't look to bad for the price. I've never really had a turboed engine so its going to be something different and I think someone said the kit is missing a couple of things other than getting a tune. I just wanted to know if anyone runs this kit and what is all missing from it that I may need? I'm perfectly fine sliding my car with the stock dual cam but I'm just wanting a little more power later. Supposedly with this kit you can get 232whp w/ stock injectors and a tune @ 7 psi. I know I would have to make sure the engine is healthy before boosting such as maybe doing a rebuild if it needs it. Thanks guys.
adamky
SuperMod

Re: Opinions on CX Racing Turbo Kit?

Post by adamky »

Old thread on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46386. I doubt it has changed all that much since then.

Another user on here, R34SR, bought/installed/tuned an ISIS/ISR T2 turbo kit and had good luck with it: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57158

Overall, the T2 bottom mount setups seem to fit better and last longer than the T3 top mount kits, although I am sure there are some exceptions.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
i_slide
240sx Wannabe

Post by i_slide »

From my previous experience with eBay products and stock block budget builds. I feel comfortable with the following generic products:

Cast forward facing turbo manifold from cx. (Won't spool as good as an equal length but it is better fitment and would never crack)

Generic 50/57 trim turbo. (Drill out the oil restrictor a tad bit, 1/16" while running some delicious Rotella 15w40) - (They hate compressor surge BTW)

Emusa intercooler kit. Comes with BOV. (Their old SSQV boy use to leak, the latest release I've found no leaks, Fitment is 90% great.)

I have never had any luck with an eBay waste gate. They may last a week to a few months. I've had about 5-7 gates fail in different ways I've learned to accept the fact that on budget builds, a used respectable brand name is the best bang for the buck.

I hope that shoots you in the right direction for the most part. I haven't purchased any downpipes from eBay because they're so easy to make on our cars so I make them myself.

Good luck.

PS - I have a budget build list that I sell to my customers before each build for $50. I may post it up on here for the community and hopefully it can be stickied because its a really tried and true combination I came up with over the years.
Project - Aries 8.8.1, Crower pro series rods, Kelford 272, 11mm head studs, Five0 2150cc, Magnafuel-4303, PTE6466

Daily - 95 stock block, ARP's, bigger ring gaps etc, 57Trim/63A/R, 550cc, z32 Maf, 93 octane /110 octane maps.

Follow me on Instagram @Prep_40oz
mechavore884
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by mechavore884 »

@i_slide

Plz do good sir...
HAM SANDWICH!!!!