Tomei ka24de headgasket released!

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
Alonso
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Tomei ka24de headgasket released!

Post by Alonso »

http://www.tomeipowered.com/BTE/index.p ... b11/12841/

Just in time for me. I'm done playing with stock bottom ends and ready to get serious.
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
adamky
SuperMod

Re: Tomei ka24de headgasket released!

Post by adamky »

Any idea how these compare to Cosworth?

Looking forward to updates on your build... "ready to get serious" = WIN!
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Not a clue. These seem similar to the cosworth hg...which I thought was unavailable?

I lost compression in a cylinder this spring. Tearing my engine apart and reassembling it got old by the millionth time! Soon I'll sit down and start working on a plan for my build.
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I think you're right, but I was mostly just curious about the construction compared to Cosworth or Cometic. I'm pretty sure that the Cosworths didn't have that many options for thickness, and they definitely were not that cheap.

I was actually just discussing these with a friend on here , mewantkouki, and he mentioned that they had the same folded stopper layer that the Cosworth has/had. I think he called a vendor and asked them about it and that's what they told him. So, I'd say that when you consider the cheaper price and similar construction, this is better than the Cosworth.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

And as far as your build, I think you'd be crazy NOT to start getting serious. The turbo choice, that bada55 intake manifold that you made, and those super slick intercooler end tanks are just begging for a built motor so they can really shine!
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Agreed. The setup has huge potential, it's just that the owner has to get his **** together!

I'm really itching to restore my 260z though...

AWS D17.1 certified ;)