Z32 Turbo on KA?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
dixons13
NooB

Z32 Turbo on KA?

Post by dixons13 »

Hey guys, so I bought a Z32 turbo online thinking it was a normal T25 :stupid: At least I got a good deal on it, I paid $50 for a great condition Garrett "T25". This inspired me to finally finish my KA-T build. However I later found out that this is not the same T25 off of an SR and it is in fact smaller. To my understanding the exhaust turbine and housing is smaller and the compressor housing and turbine are different in some way. I also know the the turbo is clocked weird and clocking it in a way it will work will make the wastegate not bolt on. I did however found a way to re-clock the turbo and remount the wastegate in a way that will work. This is when I found out that this turbo is smaller than a normal T25.
I really wanted to finally turbo my KA and its really a bummer finding out this might not work. I only want to run about 7-8 PSI and im hoping you guys could give me some advice as to whether or not you think this will still work ok for a modest KA-T. I really dont want anything crazy for now, I just want my 240 to be a little more peppy. I also know that the exhaust housing outlet is a bit different but I should be able to do some custom fab to make a turbo elbow that will work. Let me know your guys thoughts on this and whether or not you think I should go for it. I know normal T25s are cheap but im on a very tight budget so it would push this build back quite a ways.
Thanks guys :D
hotbox240
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: Z32 Turbo on KA?

Post by hotbox240 »

http://z32.wikispaces.com/Turbocharger

Bit of info I found on that turbo. If your just trying to make a little over 200hp I would go with it.
12.43 @ 115.06 - 05/2010
12.28 @ 117.61 - 08/2016
chubi
NooB

Post by chubi »

I'm doing the same on the side with my 240 once i can pull my engine and re seal/overhaul my engine. i also got my hands on just one z32 t22 turbo that i found out is a refurbished JWT Sport 500 turbo, i was going to sell it and get a stock SR turbo but once i found that out i decided to keep it. if you can post how to clock the turbo in a way that will work i would appreciate it. I planned on buying on eBay a universal Garrett (4/5bolt, some call it an 8 bolt) flange welded to a 2.5" or 3" v-Banded outlet to make my downpipe. i expect to make just under 200 HP tuned on an eManage.
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

chubi wrote:I'm doing the same on the side with my 240 once i can pull my engine and re seal/overhaul my engine. i also got my hands on just one z32 t22 turbo that i found out is a refurbished JWT Sport 500 turbo, i was going to sell it and get a stock SR turbo but once i found that out i decided to keep it. if you can post how to clock the turbo in a way that will work i would appreciate it. I planned on buying on eBay a universal Garrett (4/5bolt, some call it an 8 bolt) flange welded to a 2.5" or 3" v-Banded outlet to make my downpipe. i expect to make just under 200 HP tuned on an eManage.
Remove the bolts located on the back of the compressor housing. Rotate the compressor housing until you reach your desired location, then screw in the bolts into the back of the compressor housing. The turbine housing does not need clocking so don't worry about that. Also, you will need to either make a custom actuator bracket once you clock the compressor housing, or purchase the oem bracket from the opposite side turbo that you have.