S14 ka24de chain kit + front cover/oil pump recommendation

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
mau5trap
NooB

S14 ka24de chain kit + front cover/oil pump recommendation

Post by mau5trap »

Hi everyone,

So, I'm looking for a chain kit + front cover/oil pump. I was going to go all Nissan since I'm a Nissan purist, but I do not want to dish out $600+ since this motor is real old and might need a rebuild in next 3-4 years. Also, it was brought to my attention that some of Nissans parts are rebranded parts.
SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Re: S14 ka24de chain kit + front cover/oil pump recommendati

Post by SoundEfx »

Unfortunately, if you want reliability out of your car/engine, you have to shell out some money for oem parts.
That's my opinion any way.
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

I'm in the process of an engine rebuild in the daily and unfortunately for my bank account I went with OEM parts as well.

I also went with all ARP hardware so I don't have to do worry about anything if I wake up one day and bolt turbo bits to it like it's a great idea.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
mau5trap
NooB

Post by mau5trap »

Bubba wrote:I'm in the process of an engine rebuild in the daily and unfortunately for my bank account I went with OEM parts as well.

I also went with all ARP hardware so I don't have to do worry about anything if I wake up one day and bolt turbo bits to it like it's a great idea.
How much did you end up spending if you don't mind me asking?

edit: I'm hearing Oem Nissan is OSK? can anyone confirm?
Bubba
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Bubba »

I didn't total anything up because of how many things I've got going on at once but I know after the timing parts, ARP studs, clutch/fw, and fluids I'm up near or over the $1k mark.
I've got a 5 speed swap, engine rebuild, and suspension overhaul going on all at the same time.
My car is dead stock.... ish

http://mobileimports.freeforums.org
mau5trap
NooB

Post by mau5trap »

Bubba wrote:I didn't total anything up because of how many things I've got going on at once but I know after the timing parts, ARP studs, clutch/fw, and fluids I'm up near or over the $1k mark.
I've got a 5 speed swap, engine rebuild, and suspension overhaul going on all at the same time.
did you do the oil pump as well?

Would it better to just buy a whole new Complete Cover Timing Chain Assembly....

Or just replace the Oil Pump Gear + Oil Pump Valve Relief Assembly, and it'll be good as new?