400 whp on my 93 240sx

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
fortywaps13
Learners Permit

400 whp on my 93 240sx

Post by fortywaps13 »

hello my name is travis and I'm wanting to build a 400hp daily drivable ka24det I have done some research and see that most stock ka's can run around 500 that being said imma be putting in arp main and head studs, felpro head gasket, walpro 255 fuel pump, hks ssqv BOV and boren the block over 5mm. and getting je pistons and rods with injectors idk what size yet prob at least 750cc and a good tune by a local shop I just had a few questions on what are some other things I should upgrade and what size turbo I should run to meet these numbers and how reliable it would be as a daily
fortywaps13
Learners Permit

Re: 400 whp on my 93 240sx

Post by fortywaps13 »

also considering doing 262 cams
fortywaps13
Learners Permit

Post by fortywaps13 »

should I stick with ka trans and 240 clutch or upgrade saw some people use the 350z clutch and z32 trans and maf
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

fortywaps13 wrote: I have done some research and see that most stock ka's can run around 500 that being said
You need to spend more time researching because most stock KA's can NOT handle 500 whp. Just because a few people have done it does not mean every KA can handle that.Those are the exceptions, not the rule. Personally, I wouldn't go any higher than 350-400 whp on a stock motor. And even then, your tuning, fuel system, etc better be up to the task and on-point or you'll blow the ring lands at the slightest hint of detonation.

Keep this in mind: waaaaay more people have blown motors at 250-350 whp on a stock block than there have been people who have made 500 whp on stock blocks.
fortywaps13 wrote: imma be putting in arp main and head studs, felpro head gasket, walpro 255 fuel pump, hks ssqv BOV and boren the block over 5mm. and getting je pistons and rods with injectors idk what size yet prob at least 750cc and a good tune by a local shop I just had a few questions on what are some other things I should upgrade and what size turbo I should run to meet these numbers and how reliable it would be as a daily
Slow down and figure out what you want and what is within your budget. 2 days ago you wanted 270 HP, now you want 400? WTF??? Turbocharging a KA (or any NA motor) is not something you want to rush into. Chances are that if you do, you won't see the results you are hoping for.

I locked your last thread because you were all over the place with your goals and ideas, and you ignored every bit of advice you were given. This place is the best source of information for KA-T's. That's a fact. But we are not going to spoon feed you and lay out every piece you need to reach your goals, especially when it's clear you haven't done as much research as you claim.

Case in point: at the very TOP of each section of the forum, you will see topics/threads that are "stickied". These are there so that you can save time waiting for other people to answer your questions and actually attempt to figure this out for yourself. There is one at the top of this section titled "DOHC for Dummies". It can't get more easy than that. It literally goes through all of your options and tells you what you need to get xxx whp

Research, research, research... form a plan/goal, come up with some specific questions, and then start a thread that proves you've spent more than 10 minutes researching this whole idea.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
s14fiend
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by s14fiend »

^^^^^^^Everything he said....... This man right here is your daddy on this subject he is the most active and consistent and dedicated on this KA-T page at the moment in my opinion.

Read ALL the STICKIES in the page you are posting the threads and set a concrete goals......

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=57570

I agree 100% 500HP isn't for everyone and is an EXTREMELY rare case, I believe it was accomplished with a standalone ECU and huge injectors and turbo.

To maximize your engines output learning about how tuning systems HPAcademy and turbo systems work. IF you want your goal to work and don't want to gamble/throw away $XX,XXX tens of thousands in a turbo build you need to learn tuning or pay someone thats VERY reputable that kind of money to get it built and running.

I want and wish more people would realize is that power isn't everything.... it's just a number if you've never been in a turbo car you should go easy.

Ditch the 750's Idea cause if your going that high you might as well go with 1000cc injectors or greater since they will have a better resale value and happens to be the new norm.

Good luck..... again there are many stickies to give you guidelines in the KA-T basic section they are there for a reason.