Please Help: Injectors Firing Constantly

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
damebash
NooB

Please Help: Injectors Firing Constantly

Post by damebash »

Okay so a little background info on the build
CP pistons
Eagle rods
Cometic MLS
GT2871r
Z32 MAF
RS-Enthalpy tune
Nismo 740s
S14
So up until last week my car was running good, my idle though was to high and every time I tried to adjust it with the IAC adjustment screw it would go rich so I figured I would have a buddy take some fuel out of the tune at idle. I accidentally broke one of the chips trying to take it out of the ECU. As soon as that happened I called my friend that was going to adjust it and he said to not try and remove the other one because he could copy the tune from the unbroken one onto some extra chips I had from a different RS ECU. After that was said and done I plugged up the ECU and as soon as I turn the car on it goes full rich and blows out black smoke from the exhaust. I thought maybe it was the ECU so I changed my injectors to stock and tried a stock ECU. Still goes full rich as soon as I turn the car on. Then tried a second stock ECU and still does the same thing. So at that point I thought it might be a short in the wiring harness and instead of trying to find it I replaced the wiring harness. Still doing it. Does it with the MAF plugged or unplugged. Both stock MAF and Z32 MAF. Does it with the TPS both plugged and unplugged. Thought maybe it was the distributor so I just swapped it out with an extra one I have and still does the same thing with the stock ECU, injectors, and MAF. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced. This is my first post on KA-T but Ive read lots of great info on here, hoping somebody might know the answer to my problem or something I can try.
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: Please Help: Injectors Firing Constantly

Post by p00t »

ECU is dead in the water. EEPROMs are not burned correctly or there is a bad connection between the chips and the daughterboard or the daughterboard and the ECU.

Need to look at how you broke things a little closer and repair it.

You can usually tell this is going on by putting the key to "run" without starting the car. The cooling fan will come on even if the engine is cold and AC is off.
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
ICEMAN.KCMO
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: Please Help: Injectors Firing Constantly

Post by ICEMAN.KCMO »

are you sure the chips were not Even Odd? Some daughterboards have different information one each chip..
Steve.