Running Lean After Charcoal Canister Delete

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
dixons13
NooB

Running Lean After Charcoal Canister Delete

Post by dixons13 »

Today I deleted my charcoal canister in preparation for my KA-T build. The only other "emission" related thing deleted on this motor is the PAIR valve. The EGR and such is still on the motor. I have a wideband and that is now showing my engine as running very lean compared to before I deleted the charcoal canister. At idle I'm at about 17 and under load it shows about 15. Its possible that it isn't running quite that lean because there is a small exhaust leak in front of the wideband sensor however it is definitely much more lean than before.
What I did when I deleted my charcoal canister:
-Removed all 4 lines from the canister
-Plugged the two lines going to the intake
-Left the big hose on the bottom alone (I believe this was just a vent. Correct me if I'm wrong)
-Removed the check valve and vented the gas tank straight to the atmosphere
I searched and searched but I couldn't find anybody else suffering from this problem. My best guess would be that it has something to do with the charcoal canister not being able to work with the EGR anymore. (I believe these systems are connected however I may be wrong.) If anyone has any ideas as to what could be wrong please let me know. At this point I am lost. Thank you.