Felpro HG 26171PT how thick when compressed?

Basic tech questions such as future setups, different turbo kits, car diagnosis, etc
scoobydo
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Felpro HG 26171PT how thick when compressed?

Post by scoobydo »

Guys I am in the UK and parts hard to get. My cylinder number is passing combustion gasses to the coolant. Have took head off and it needs a light skin and would say chuck the cometic in the bin. Cometic measure 1.3mm. At this moment not sure on how much of a skim is required but have concerns about how thick the felpro is when torqued down? Apparently the pistons are Custom JE low compression Pistons 7.6:1

Thanks
scoobydo

Re: Felpro HG 26171PT how thick when compressed?

Post by scoobydo »

Anyone able to confirm if I have the correct felpro part number and also is possible the crush thickness so I can work out my CR
scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

felpro said 0.048 not sure how true as guy didnt sound that sure but got new one on order so will post up when it comes
scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

Worked out the CR and it is 7.13 if I use the shim that I purchased to bring everything back to where it was prior to the skim. Previous owner put 7.5:1 JE pistons in it as suffered from DET (dont ask). Seems very low but car makes good power low down maybe a bit laggy.
scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

Worked out the CR and it is 7.13 if I use the shim that I purchased to bring everything back to where it was prior to the skim. Previous owner put 7.5:1 JE pistons in it as suffered from DET (dont ask). Seems very low but car makes good power low down maybe a bit laggy. only running 1.5bar on the below spec

Bored and matched 2.4 KA24DE Block.
Custom JE low compression Pistons 7.6:1
Eagle H beam rods, ARP bolts.
ACL Race Bearings
Balanced bottom end (SRD)
ARP Stud conversion. Head and Mains.
Cometic MLS Headgasket.
Ported & gas flowed head.
BC stainless valves
BC Titanium dual springs and caps
Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams.
Jim wolfe Adjustable Cam pulleys.
AEM fuel rail.
Genuine Walbro 255Ltr Fuel pump
RC 750cc Injectors
Fuel Lab FPR with Gauge
NGK Irid 8’s
Toyo High pressure race oil pump
Bespoke 240SX conversion to largo front timing cover(Allows you to use a 240sx cometic head gasket)
Garrett GT30-76R Turbo
Custom stainless exhaust manifold with 44mm Precision Turbo External wastegate. ( screamer )
Full Stainless 3” custom free flowing turbo back Exhaust.
Full custom 2.5” stainless steel intercooler pipework with AEM water/Meth injection.
AEM Water meth injection system with tank sighted under the bonnet (not in service)
AEM ATS
AEM 3 Bar Map Sensor
AEM Series 2 Stand alone ECU with custom wiring loom. Mapped by Dan @ Advanced Motorsport. Achieved 422Whp 483Ftlb Max torque 3400Rpm @1.5 Bar.
scoobydo

Post by scoobydo »

Worked out the CR and it is 7.13 if I use the shim that I purchased to bring everything back to where it was prior to the skim. Previous owner put 7.5:1 JE pistons in it as suffered from DET (dont ask). Seems very low but car makes good power low down maybe a bit laggy. only running 1.5bar on the below spec

Bored and matched 2.4 KA24DE Block.
Custom JE low compression Pistons 7.6:1
Eagle H beam rods, ARP bolts.
ACL Race Bearings
Balanced bottom end (SRD)
ARP Stud conversion. Head and Mains.
Cometic MLS Headgasket.
Ported & gas flowed head.
BC stainless valves
BC Titanium dual springs and caps
Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams.
Jim wolfe Adjustable Cam pulleys.
AEM fuel rail.
Genuine Walbro 255Ltr Fuel pump
RC 750cc Injectors
Fuel Lab FPR with Gauge
NGK Irid 8’s
Toyo High pressure race oil pump
Bespoke 240SX conversion to largo front timing cover(Allows you to use a 240sx cometic head gasket)
Garrett GT30-76R Turbo
Custom stainless exhaust manifold with 44mm Precision Turbo External wastegate. ( screamer )
Full Stainless 3” custom free flowing turbo back Exhaust.
Full custom 2.5” stainless steel intercooler pipework with AEM water/Meth injection.
AEM Water meth injection system with tank sighted under the bonnet (not in service)
AEM ATS
AEM 3 Bar Map Sensor
AEM Series 2 Stand alone ECU with custom wiring loom. Mapped by Dan @ Advanced Motorsport. Achieved 422Whp 483Ftlb Max torque 3400Rpm @1.5 Bar.