NFL Playoffs

All non-car chat in here...discuss the weather, politics or whatever.
pinky121388
240sx Wannabe

NFL Playoffs

Post by pinky121388 »

Is anyone interested in Football on here. I figured maybe we could talk about the Playoffs this season. I for one think that this seasons postseason is full of great teams.

Games to look at this weekend.

Dallas @ Minnesota
Arizona @ New Orleans
Baltimore @ Indy
New York Jets @ San Diego.

What teams ae you going for the playoffs
s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

I want to see the Vikings beat Homo and the Boys. The Vikings aren't my team but I like the type of game they play. If they get in the swing and Allen puts pressure on Romo, game over for Dallas.

After the missed defensive penalty calls on the Cards at the end of yesterdays game which gave them the win in OT, I hope the Saints come back and spank them. Even though it would be nice to see Warner make it to the superbowl before he retires.

I like both the Ravens and the Colts but they are very different teams. I think Indy is gonna win that game because they are a great passing team and they have Payton, but the Ravens wont go down without a fight. Im eager to see how the Colts try to stop Magehee and Rice of the Ravens.

I highly doubt the Jets will make it past San Diego. The Chargers are a hot team and im still not completely sure how the Jets made it this far.
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
redline240sx
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by redline240sx »

Ok, out of these games, i think Raven and colts will me the best game, you have a powerful offensive team going against one of the best defensive team in the NFL...

I think Arizona will beat the saints, from what i seen sunday night, kurt warner is def a hell of a quarter back, could be wrong because it could be a bad day for him when going against the saints

I like the vikings, they put up a good season this year so i hope the get pass the cowboys, not a fan of them , but i am really liking the way they are playing, probably might consider them being the team to beat in the Superbowl =/...

and last....ehh not a jets or a chargers fan, but since im a New yorker, Go jets!!..
S13 KA-t
SM240

Post by SM240 »

Saints over Cards (they allowed gb to come back and score 45pnts)
Dallas over Viks (cause I want to beat them in NO for the NFC title)
Baltimore or Indy (toss up, battle on the line whoever wins that battle wins)
Sandiego over NY ( I just dont hink they can overcome the chargers)
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Re: NFL Playoffs

Post by Turbo24sxt »

Dallas @ Minnesota = Dallas Win (PLAYING BEST FOOTBALL AT THE MOMENT)
Arizona @ New Orleans = Cards (SAINTS OVER RATED)
Baltimore @ Indy = Colts (MANNING ISNT SCARED OF DEFENSE)
New York Jets @ San Diego. = J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!! #1 DEFENSE IN NFL!!

Im a Jets fan ... so this season has been an exciting one for me ...
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
azS13

Post by azS13 »

AZ over caints just cuz I'm from AZ.
I hope Dallas loses just cuz I'm a Steelers fan lol.
91 240sx- always broken
1jz project started May 2011
Running finally Oct 5, 2014
R34SR wrote: 240sx = half sports car half truck.....cant decide if you want to track it or tow a boat.
pinky121388
240sx Wannabe

Post by pinky121388 »

Dallas/Vikings- I am a Dallas fan, so of course I want the Cowboys to win, I also think that it will be a tough game. I also think that our Doomsday Defense is very HOT right now along with the otherside of the ball. I do think that we will stop the Vikings just like we did against the Saints. Our D-Line is amazing. ware, spencer, ratliff are going to sack Farve plenty time. dallas wins 24-17

Indy/ravens- This will also be a tough game for both teams. Ravens run game is almost unstopable. Peyton Manning passing is almost unstopable. This will be a high scoring games like cards and packers. Indy wins. 31-24

Jet/Chargers- Sad to say but i think that the #1 Jets defense and one of the best run game teasm will stop this HOT chargers team. Rivers will be intercepted plenty of times by Revius. Jet win 21-7

Cards/Saints- I beleive that the saints will lose this game and be staying at home while the cards proceed to the next round. NFC champ. Saints defense isnt that good. Every Saints game has been high scores on their defense. Saints will lose. cards win 24-21

Cliff Notes-

Dallas beats Minnesota
Indy beats Baltimore
New York beats San Diego
Arizona beats New Orleans
92 S13 Vert
SM240

Post by SM240 »

alright lets so who was right, some of you have some crazy thoughts here lol
pinky121388
240sx Wannabe

Post by pinky121388 »

we'll see whos right. lol I think that the Jets/Chargers game will be interesting..
92 S13 Vert
fos240

Post by fos240 »

both my teams didn't make it to the playoffs. so i guess i'm hoping for the vikings to win. i like Brett Farve. i'd like to see him win another super bowl to validate his decision not to retire.

i hate dallas. but looking at them objectively, they play really good some weeks. they play absolutely horrible other weeks.

i like indy ok too. but they do tend to have good seasons, only to choke in the playoffs. but, i'd still like to see vikings and indy go at it in the superbowl.

frankie
biggie

Post by biggie »

Cowboys fan, so will pick them, hoping Favre's 0-3 vs them in the playoffs continues and pressure forces INTs/Sacks.

Ravens over Indy, I like Indy normally, just less weapons this year and taking the last month off can't help.

Chargers over Jets, the west coast trip and Schanez doesn't protect the ball this game, combined with Chargers showing up in the running game.

Saints over Cards, Cards can't stay that hot but this is the toughest game to call for me, as NO has went downhill quick in the last month.
'93 Coupe GT32e/'93 Vert/'03 G35C

Always Broke!!!
SM240

Post by SM240 »

so far Im 2-0 for the weekend :), cant wait Nfc championship here in the superdome....Who Dat Baby
nismoz

Post by nismoz »

looks like the cardinals got smacked around a bit!!! lets see if the saints finally make a superbowl...
BigNick wrote:We all know you don't know wtf ur talking about; Please stop posting ignorance.
nelson240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by nelson240sx »

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

Alright I had two right two wrong .. but my Jets still in it baby!!!
Anthony
Build Thread
s13grady

Post by s13grady »

I had three out of four right.
Those Jets surprised the hell out of me with that win. Too bad Kaeding missed 3 field goals for the Chargers or i would have been 4-4. This Jets/Indy rematch is going to spark lots and lots of talk all week.
Saints look strong, Vikings played the perfect game, Colts can make it happen, And who the hell knows what the Jets will pull off. Some good match-ups once again, its gonna get even more exciting.

One a side note, Did anyone catch the slow mo replay of Tony Romo's face while he messed up royaly and threw that 8 yard interception? That is good television baby.
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper
nelson240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by nelson240sx »

turbo24sxt your jets are goin down :twisted: ...... my guys will be playing with a chip on their shoulder about them killing our win streak even though we pulled most of the starters.
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
fos240

Post by fos240 »

so far the match up i wanna see is still possible. colts vs vikings. i don't care who wins or loses. just prefer those 2 teams out of who is left.

i'm just REALLY happy dallas lost. hehehehehe

frankie
pinky121388
240sx Wannabe

Post by pinky121388 »

damn, I am 2-2 for what I said. My cowboys got there ass beat, but better luck next year, and I hope we pick up a "good" kicker, and get rid of Roy Wiliams for Brandon Marshall.

Anyways, For this week I am going to say that Saints win. (Please beat the Vikings because I dont want Brett to win a superbowl, he just needs to retire) And, the Colts will win.
92 S13 Vert
killab18
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by killab18 »

i dont know why everyone is hating on the Jets. They have a great defense. and pretty good running game.

Sanches was all over the place on his throwing game against chargers but came threw with a few clutch throws to put us up.

yea the colts will be playing with revenge, but your right, its not like Jets beat their starting line up. but thats the Colts fault for that. So the colts might go into this game thinking they have it covered due to the Jets not beating their starters.

Sanches just needs to stay calm in the pocket and dont let the pressure get to him. I think Jets will pull it out.

As for Vikings are looking good. Farve is comfortable and he has been in this situation before. This should be a very good game though. I really dont care too much on who wins between Vikings and Saints, but i would like to see Farve go. This has to be his last season. lol. And if he does win the superbowl im sure it will definetly be his last game.

Either way, there is going to be some good Football being played next weekend.
nismoz

Post by nismoz »

the way i see it is....saints VS jets=superbowl with the jets losing...not that im hoping either team wins.
BigNick wrote:We all know you don't know wtf ur talking about; Please stop posting ignorance.
pinky121388
240sx Wannabe

Post by pinky121388 »

I just dont like Rex Ryans attitude. I repspect his confidence, but I do not think they will make it to the super bowl. Colts win dominate.

Colts vs. Saints in Superbowl with Colts yet winning another. I dont like either team but thats the way it will be. Watch
92 S13 Vert
fos240

Post by fos240 »

nismoz wrote:the way i see it is....saints VS jets=superbowl with the jets losing...not that im hoping either team wins.
i hope that's not the match up for the superbowl. if it is, i doubt i watch, i won't have anyone to root for. i don't care for either team.

frankie
killab18
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by killab18 »

Im still going Jets. haha. Of course i gotta. thats my team.

Testaverde is a family friend and just grew up watching the Jets. but Giants are my team too.

So yea, im saying its going to be Jets and Vikings with Jets pulling it out.

For some reason i just dont like the Saints this year at all.
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

nelson240sx wrote:turbo24sxt your jets are goin down :twisted: ...... my guys will be playing with a chip on their shoulder about them killing our win streak even though we pulled most of the starters.
we shall see man ... my defense isnt messing around ... ask two great QB in Palmer and Rivers who were both held to 14 points ...

the colts game will either be a very close one, or a blow out ... if its close imma say jets win and if its a blow out colts will dominate .. but non the less .. rookie qb rookie coach best running team and best defensive team i say i have a good chance as long as score isnt high ...

as for other game ... Viks will dominate the saints ... saints off. line cant stop that defense of the viks ... but we all shall see ...

I wanna see Viks Jets in superbowl .... Cause farve is a jerk for quiting my team this year :x
Anthony
Build Thread
SM240

Post by SM240 »

I love the h8 for the saints, I think its their fuel to the fire for them. #1 offense all year and still got h8rs, lol. this team means so much to this city its unreal. This place has been through alot, and this city needs something like this. Just having the 2 playoff games here alone helped us for a budget shortfall and city impact of right at a million dollars for the city government. Helping fund firefighters gov. workers and police etc. Ever since big-K the city has lost revenue adn travel. All this helps and it drives us in many ways. No other NFL team has a home town like this i promise you, and I BELIEVE we will go to and win the superbowl and finally give this team and town a trophy. Either way this town is damn pround to have these guys as ambassadors for our town, lord know our poloticians arent that shining example. just sharing my heartfelt sentiments here fellas.
fos240

Post by fos240 »

no problem. you have 6 days left to enjoy your team's accomplishments. :lol:

frankie
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

SM240 wrote:I love the h8 for the saints, I think its their fuel to the fire for them. #1 offense all year and still got h8rs, lol. this team means so much to this city its unreal. This place has been through alot, and this city needs something like this. Just having the 2 playoff games here alone helped us for a budget shortfall and city impact of right at a million dollars for the city government. Helping fund firefighters gov. workers and police etc. Ever since big-K the city has lost revenue adn travel. All this helps and it drives us in many ways. No other NFL team has a home town like this i promise you, and I BELIEVE we will go to and win the superbowl and finally give this team and town a trophy. Either way this town is damn pround to have these guys as ambassadors for our town, lord know our poloticians arent that shining example. just sharing my heartfelt sentiments here fellas.
oh dont get me wrong the saints are a great team .. thats why they are where they are but they have to go thru a team that is playing on both sides of the ball like no one else ... I could honestly care less who makes it in the NFC game I just want my Jets to beat the colts ...

and talkin about H8ters ... even with the Jets beating both division winners Bengals and Chargers (the team picked to win it all this year) they are still being told they dont belong in this game .. talk about fueling a fire ... I could do #1 offense vs #1 defense (Saints Jets) :twisted:
Anthony
Build Thread
ka_s372

Post by ka_s372 »

Saints over the Viks
Colts over the Jets
PERIOD! Any bet takers!! LOL

Sorry Anthony ...... :wink:

GO SAINTS!!
soon to be a member of the 1200whp+ club
killab18
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by killab18 »

fos240 wrote:no problem. you have 6 days left to enjoy your team's accomplishments. :lol:

frankie
haha thats harsh.

Anyway you look at it. every team has something to bring to the table. Thats why they are where they are.

hmmm....some bets.... straight up who wins or play a spread as well???? haha.