the word *** and gay

All non-car chat in here...discuss the weather, politics or whatever.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

TryingToTurbo wrote:This is one of the most ridiculous threads I have read in a while. I would've expected this from tom550, but come on guys!

I am curious though, how do you use the word *** in a non-derogatory way? I get the whole "wow that is a gay wing on that rice-mobile". But it's not like you walk around like "wow that is a *** pair of shoes that guy is wearing"

I mean really?

I can't even believe you would pull the 'freedom of speech' card on this one. There is a difference between having the right to express yourself, and just being a prick. Walking around using the word *** like it's nothing is just as bad as using a racial slur as everyday language. And I'm honestly surprised you haven't had your ass kicked if you use those choice words as openly as you say you do. Just cause a dude likes other dudes doesn't mean he doesn't hit up the gym every once and a while. If anything, its a double bonus for him cause he's bulking up while check out other dudes getting hot and sweaty. Just sayin. Big gay dudes punch just has hard as big straight dudes.

And I digress....
x2

@supakat --- yes, you can't go back in time and take derogatory and belligerent slurs out of language.. .but you can take it out of your mouth, out of your text, and eventually out of your mind. Sometimes as we grow up and learn immature and stupid ideas. Part of growing up is stepping beyond what you've learned.

@katrecipie -- you're already making enemies, even if you don't know it. There's this thing going on in the world around you.. its called RESPECT. Show some, get some. Show none, get none. I can't make you be a good person -- that's on you. But the opportunities you might miss for lack of tact, respect, or otherwise, are likely to be more valuable than the effort it takes to expand your vocabulary.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

katrecipe wrote:
So whats the deal ashibah83 am i on your mind do i make you angry if it so then mission accomplished!!!
I see now. You're a troll. GTFO please.

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

8-bit wrote:
TryingToTurbo wrote:This is one of the most ridiculous threads I have read in a while. I would've expected this from tom550, but come on guys!

I am curious though, how do you use the word *** in a non-derogatory way? I get the whole "wow that is a gay wing on that rice-mobile". But it's not like you walk around like "wow that is a *** pair of shoes that guy is wearing"

I mean really?

I can't even believe you would pull the 'freedom of speech' card on this one. There is a difference between having the right to express yourself, and just being a prick. Walking around using the word *** like it's nothing is just as bad as using a racial slur as everyday language. And I'm honestly surprised you haven't had your ass kicked if you use those choice words as openly as you say you do. Just cause a dude likes other dudes doesn't mean he doesn't hit up the gym every once and a while. If anything, its a double bonus for him cause he's bulking up while check out other dudes getting hot and sweaty. Just sayin. Big gay dudes punch just has hard as big straight dudes.

And I digress....

x2

@supakat --- yes, you can't go back in time and take derogatory and belligerent slurs out of language.. .but you can take it out of your mouth, out of your text, and eventually out of your mind. Sometimes as we grow up and learn immature and stupid ideas. Part of growing up is stepping beyond what you've learned.

@katrecipie -- you're already making enemies, even if you don't know it. There's this thing going on in the world around you.. its called RESPECT. Show some, get some. Show none, get none. I can't make you be a good person -- that's on you. But the opportunities you might miss for lack of tact, respect, or otherwise, are likely to be
more valuable than the effort it takes to expand your vocabulary.

I don't want enemies i want to have the same chance to defend myself when people attack me on these forums! And i have enough respect If you look at my posts you will see that i had one altercation with a disrespectful poster I don't remember the name please look at both sides...
I was a moron and I got banned!
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

katrecipe wrote:
8-bit wrote:

I mean really?

And I digress....

x2

@katrecipie -- you're already making enemies, even if you don't know it. There's this thing going on in the world around you.. its called RESPECT. Show some, get some. Show none, get none. I can't make you be a good person -- that's on you. But the opportunities you might miss for lack of tact, respect, or otherwise, are likely to be
more valuable than the effort it takes to expand your vocabulary.

I don't want enemies i want to have the same chance to defend myself when people attack me on these forums! And i have enough respect If you look at my posts you will see that i had one altercation with a disrespectful poster I don't remember the name please look at both sides...

That right their is defending myself do you not see my side of the story???
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I'm not even interested in what happened in another thread... I"m reading this thread and its clear to me that you've got some issues with your vocabulary and have yet to bring about a mature approach to talking to people.

The word "gay", in itself, isn't bad. It means happy, and can also be related to homosexual preference. The issue that some people take on it is that people will tie the word to a negative event, which implies that 'gay' is bad. Anyone with half a brain already knows this -- as you do. The point that you're missing is that a large number of people, including members of this site, identify themselves as gay, and may be bothered by you implying that they are bad people. Imagine if I knew your real name (lets say Katrecipie for now), and now lots of people, whenver they hear of a rape, they say "thats so katrecipie". After a while it would probably be offensive to you. Obviously, right now, you would probably deny this, but it's natural to take offense when people tie you to negative things that you've got nothing to do with.

The word "***" is outright hatespeech. The only instance I feel it is used in a non hateful way is when brits use it to talk about cigarettes.

I guess you should be lucky you aren't gay, huh? That way you're not the minority being disrespected simply because ignorant people lack depth of vocabulary.

katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

I haven't even used the term *** towards anybody and gay i dont use very often. You make it sound like i use these words all the time I do not use *** and gay all the time!
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

katrecipe wrote:I haven't even used the term *** towards anybody and gay i dont use very often. You make it sound like i use these words all the time I do not use *** and gay all the time!
The topic of this thread and the first post make my point very clear. I'm not in a thread where you're calling people faggots, am I? I'm talking to you like an adult about the topic you decided to pursue. You basically came to ask permission, and I served you up a dose of my opinion on the whole thing. And based on your goal to make ashibah83 upset, its clear to me you're trolling.

I'm done feeding your troll. Like I said in PM, don't ***** PM me. I am your enemy and aside from what help I've posted publicly for others, you won't get any from me.

katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

So the response i gave ashiba83 is trolling? No sir thats me defending myself...
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

OK well i guess this discussion is over....
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

:P :P
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

Thanks
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

I actually think this is a really good topic btw.

8 Bit- Like to start by commending your post on free speech, you made a very strong point, one that most people over look. That being, the person that is paying for this board (or newspaper, or tv station) does not have to provide you with a podium to spout off anything you want. And most people distort that so heavily.

There's a lot of dude's out there that believe these words should not be used. As, from the sounds of it, is your stance 8bit. But personally, i think when you're friends with someone, things are different. There is an understanding, that you are not insulting each other. Its like saying, for instance, that we should not call people dick holes, cause some of them might get offended... Well yea, lol, if you go up to someone you dont know and call them a dick hole they ought to be pretty pissed off. But if i call a friend a dick hole, he's not gonna get in cahoots and go ape **** on me. Same goes for any other word. Whether it be nigga, ****, cock, fag, or gay. I will continue to use these words, as when i use them its use is not to insult any particular group. Its just another adjective/noun to me. As rocky as the beginnings of this slang may be, they do not mean the same things anymore. The English language, unfortunately, is a social average of the usage.

One point further, to hold back from using vocabulary, such as nigga, fag, etc etc, is prejudice. You conclude that to break prejudice from blacks and gays, that these words are not to be used around them. But this just further segregates these groups; as if they require special circumstances/care, and are not like the rest of us.. If people are truly interested in equality, you have to lift the stigmata around these words; and understand that they can be used in 2 different ways. If you notice, scholarships, diversity work quota's, etc, all meant to achieve "equality", in fact achieve the exact opposite. By giving one group special privileges (or generally understood speaking rights in this context), there are always others who do not have those rights or privileges, and thus comes the resentment toward "the opposing side". Both trying to tug and pull for the smallest advantages in their own favor, never understanding the issue fully.

Case in point, you sure as hell dont walk in a store, and (with all seriousness) look him/her in the eye and call him a ***** cunt. You will get your ass kicked. Just as you'll get your ass kicked, and should, when calling someone you dont know any of the above slang.
It's always broken.
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

Thanks for not **** on me.
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

Anytime ***.
It's always broken.
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

^^^ finally someone with a sense of humor in the midsts of all this gayness...
veilside180sx
SuperMod

Post by veilside180sx »

I understand this is "chat", but all of this is completely negated if you would merely post as a mature adult and leave the slang at home with the kids.

That and...obviously there is not enough work being done to vehicles if this thread managed to get to 2 pages.
JGS Precision
Wastegates, Bypass Valves, KA Turbo Kits
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

veilside180sx wrote:I understand this is "chat", but all of this is completely negated if you would merely post as a mature adult and leave the slang at home with the kids.

That and...obviously there is not enough work being done to vehicles if this thread managed to get to 2 pages.
That what happens when you are waiting on a zilvia member to send you parts =]

And when you see the prices a machine charges around here for work!
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

veilside180sx wrote:I understand this is "chat", but all of this is completely negated if you would merely post as a mature adult and leave the slang at home with the kids.

^^^This is how a Moderator carries himself thank you for doing a good job sir, I cannot say the same for 8-bit who obviously took things too far and has my name on his signature page i am not a troll it's apparent you have thin skin 8-bit...
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

I'm not a friend of 8-bit, but who are you again? I'd think it best to stop thinking people are attacking you, and just go away for a while.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

Not gonna happen guys^^^ as long as i am here following rules i aint going no where!!!!
Jmcc
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Jmcc »

wow! well one 8-bit didn't you ever learn never get in to a argument with sombody stupid. cause they will bring you to their level then beat you with experience.

now i don't have a problem with the word as long at they are not used to personally attack some body for their life choices. if used in that manner i say you should be brought to the back and disemboweled by a wooden cooking spoon!! :wink:
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

katrecipe wrote:Not gonna happen guys^^^ as long as i am here following rules i aint going no where!!!!
Start to contribute more then 8-bit in the technical area, or I'll start a vote. lol
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

I'm on your side katrecipe, so much so that I encourage you to exercise your freedom of speech AND right to be a real man, place any order of food, whether fast food or restaurant with "Are you a ***?” If they say no, order your food. Be a real man, show no fear. That'll show em!

I was recently told (do your own research) that 10% of the population is gay. Take a look at how many members are on this site and the ones that ban'd you, add to that the number of people that don't care what someone’s sexual preference is and you get an idea of how many people you have offended.
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

You guys need to settle down I DONT USE THE TERM *** OR GAY TOWARDS PEOPLE i believe i have said this a few times so ummmm stop!
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

Can you please give an example of how you use the term *** in a sentence or how you use it for non "toward people" purposes?
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

that dog is a ***! Or in sweden they call a cigarette a fag. So if you smoke cigs, your sucking a fag.

12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

ppctx wrote:Can you please give an example of how you use the term *** in a sentence or how you use it for non "toward people" purposes?
Yes here you go "Well this thread is full of faggots and the gayness got out of hand.
ashibah83
240sx Wannabe

Post by ashibah83 »

Yes here you go "Well this thread is full of faggots and the gayness got out of hand.
yeah, because that is perfectly accecptable considering your speaking to people you have never met and have no idea about their background. :roll:

once again i shall reiterate that you sir, are an idiot, you apparently lack the social and communicative skills necessary to function normally in society, therefore you feel as if you can go online and spew forth you nonsense under the guise of "freedom". Go out in public, to bars, sporting events, basically any crowded place and talk as you do here and see what the overall reaction is, go ahead, ill wait here for the results.
no replacement for displacement????
TRY BOOST!!!
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

ashibah83 wrote:
yeah, because that is perfectly accecptable considering your speaking to people you have never met and have no idea about their background. :roll:

once again i shall reiterate that you sir, are an idiot, you apparently lack the social and communicative skills necessary to function normally in society, therefore you feel as if you can go online and spew forth you nonsense under the guise of "freedom". Go out in public, to bars, sporting events, basically any crowded place and talk as you do here and see what the overall reaction is, go ahead, ill wait here for the results.
Relax guy i love you ^^^^ you are over reacting it's a joke not a funny one but a joke none the less..