Chick Fil a-- Did you go today?

All non-car chat in here...discuss the weather, politics or whatever.
AFKOUKI
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Chick Fil a-- Did you go today?

Post by AFKOUKI »

Below is my opinion. Feel free to share yours.

I will be going to chick-fil-a for every meal I eat today to show my support. Not only do I support marrage being between a man and a woman, but also the fact that CFA has the right to the freedom of speach just as much as anyone else. They didnt cross the line when saying what they believe. They will employ and serve anyone no matter your beliefs, so no wrong has been done. The food and servece have always been above par. ( I may be biased due to knowing the cathy family personally and being a former CFA employee lol)

So whatdo you think about the situation??
nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

I agree wholeheartedly and its a shame that political correctness has been pushed above the freedom to believe and practice those beliefs without being in fear of such BS criticism.
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I didn't go today; I wasn't aware of the event. But I did almost hit someone blocking traffic to get into the parking lot, does that count? Lol
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Kfred
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Kfred »

Jesus hates fags! Hell yeah lets eat some chick-fil-a!

No I didn't go to chick-fil-a today; I'm not a fan of their food. My choice of restaurant has nothing to do with the religious/political views of the owner/company, it has everything to do with the food, service, and price.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Kfred wrote:Jesus hates fags! Hell yeah lets eat some chick-fil-a!

No I didn't go to chick-fil-a today; I'm not a fan of their food. My choice of restaurant has nothing to do with the religious/political views of the owner/company, it has everything to do with the food, service, and price.
Hahah this cracked me up. I agree completely. I fully support marriage being for a man and a woman. I cannot believe what this country has cone to, marriage is becoming less sacred every day.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
Nathan
240sx Wannabe

Post by Nathan »

I plan to go tomorrow. Not one close by but my schedule has me near one tomorrow.
Oh, and I support marriage only between a man and a woman, and the right to free speech to talk about it.
BC cams, stage 1
Precision SC50 turbo
525cc injectors/Walbro
Blitz BOV
AEM standalone computer/wideband
KTS coilovers
Suspension Technique swaybars
Kaaz LSD
SPEC 6 puck clutch
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

Yeah, don't feel ashamed about what you feel is right and wrong gents. Just don't try to cram an opinion across the country or looking for trouble. Nothing pisses me off more to see gay rights groupies try to change churches. As if they need some pseudo satisfaction from some governing body for approval. On the reverse, I hate seeing Christian nutjobs holding rally events against it. What a waste of manpower...

If I was gay, I wouldn't go out of my way to get approval or a spotlight on me. I'm not an attention whore.

I have the right to feel straight while listening to this song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hInLgS5rCfM
azS13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by azS13 »

personally, I could care less if 2 men or 2 women want to marry each other, thats their personal decision. On the other hand, it should only be for legal reasons and if they wanted to get married in a church I would be completely against it due to the religious beliefs the church represents. I am by no means a very religious person and for that same reason I will not get married in a church. I don't see anything wrong with CFA's beliefs and them speaking them. I have seen gay people working at CFA so by no means does their personal beliefs interfere with who they hire.
91 240sx- always broken
1jz project started May 2011
Running finally Oct 5, 2014
R34SR wrote: 240sx = half sports car half truck.....cant decide if you want to track it or tow a boat.
AFKOUKI

Post by AFKOUKI »

Honestly its not even about the rights of gays but the right of freedom of speach. It seems as of lately if you don't agree with the liberal media that you should be flamed for it and shut down. What would you expect from a company that is closed on sunday so the employees can spend time with their families and go to church?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

haha connecticut has no clue what your talking about. who is this chick fil a u speak of? lol
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
drunknmunky

Post by drunknmunky »

I don't think this is a big deal. You can't expect every single company to comply with every common or trending belief.

I support Chick-fil-a to stay their cause.
nismo_dreaming

Post by nismo_dreaming »

Me and my boyfriend TinyT went yesterday and enjoyed a nice big Chicken Sandwich WITH SOME WAFFLE FRIES. I picked up an application, but I'm not sure they'll call me. Tiny was kissing my neck the entire time I filled it out.
1996 240sx SE LS1
AFKOUKI

Post by AFKOUKI »

hahaha

but seriously...no CFA in CT? ...what do you eat then?
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

:shock: :shock:
lolololol

Their chicken strips kick the anus.. We just got them in cali not too many years ago. I have to admit, ive only tried the chicken strips lol I didnt go.

On a side note... all those sweet things tiny whispered to me... it was all a lie.
Last edited by schmauster920 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

No. That place is overpriced.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
souljaseth33
240sx Wannabe

Post by souljaseth33 »

sdaigle240 wrote:haha connecticut has no clue what your talking about. who is this chick fil a u speak of? lol
We have none in NY either, but I have been to them down in FL. Who cares what they said. If we had them here I'd support them just for thier freedom of speech.
Hebrew Hammer - The baddest Heeb this side of Tel Aviv

www.slideny.com

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

azS13 wrote:personally, I could care less if 2 men or 2 women want to marry each other, thats their personal decision. On the other hand, it should only be for legal reasons and if they wanted to get married in a church I would be completely against it due to the religious beliefs the church represents. I am by no means a very religious person and for that same reason I will not get married in a church. I don't see anything wrong with CFA's beliefs and them speaking them. I have seen gay people working at CFA so by no means does their personal beliefs interfere with who they hire.
I'm with you on not giving a **** who marries who. This nation was not founded under christianity, most of the founding fathers were Deists; they believed there was a creator but he did not concern himself with humans and their lives. Keep in mind this was before Darwin, so atheism was extremely rare. The founding fathers preached equality for all and freedom, not religious persecution.

A lawful marriage between homosexuals should have nothing to do with religious beliefs. It will make homosexuals happy and won't hurt anyone. Not wanting people to be happy just because you don't agree with their beliefs (which hurt no one) is bigotry.

There is tons of material in the bible suggesting that women are not equals to men, they should be submissive, it is shameful for them to speak in church, etc. Go around spewing this and see how the liberal media reacts.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

When beliefs vote and promote laws that enforce inequality, those beliefs are not just beliefs anymore, but rather motives and intentions.

I think most people that are opposed to chick fil a are not opposed to the free speec element of the debate, but rather the campaigns that have goals to deliberately maintain inequality.

Get this in all of your heads: marriage is not a fact, rather it is a made up concept that people use in culture. There is no absolute definition of marriage. It also makes no sense for the government to have any interest in differential benefit for the married, or to even consider a 'definition' for such an ambiguous dogma. Ugly/nonmarrying heterosexuals that can't get married deserve equal benefit, too.

Remember: if you push a government to exert laws that are selective, you had better be prepared for the laws that shove you aside, too.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

8-bit wrote: There is no absolute definition of marriage.

It also makes no sense for the government to have any interest in differential benefit for the married, or to even consider a 'definition' for such an ambiguous dogma. Ugly/nonmarrying heterosexuals that can't get married deserve equal benefit, too.

Remember: if you push a government to exert laws that are selective, you had better be prepared for the laws that shove you aside, too.
You sir seem to have missed one major point, God did give an absolute definition of marriage regardless if you believe it or not. Last I checked, He had the authority to do that.

Saying the government should have no interest in the moral fiber of the society seems a bit of a copout. everything we do is governed by a set of morals, without them, there would be no need for laws that protect against theft, for laws that protect against murder, for laws that protect against gross crimes, any laws at all.

The problem comes when people decide the morals they create trump Gods, and that is when the problems start. we create our own morals, but where do those lead over time? towards greed and power, case and point the whole political system. As much as we think we are in control and all powerful, time and time again we find we are not, but without using a higher standard, we are left trying to create our own standards.

With that said, you will never have equality no matter what laws are in place, no matter what side is the majority and you are completely right on that, so there is no point to complain. downside of the thought process of democracy is that everyone has a voice, but not everyone gets what they want. can never appease everyone.

It's just a disappointment that the elected officials dont use the market as it was intended. People will evaluate the businesses based on the demonstrated morals in this case, on the quality of the product or even on reviews never having been there, but the people determine the outcome of the business. Shutting down opportunities for economic growth seems like it would be a bad move for any person in office. bet you when that mayor went to chic fil a, they still offered to serve him with a smile like everyone else.

I do wonder what the original reason was why they included benefits for being married into legislation, that did seem to create quite a few arguments that didnt need to be there. They could have left it at civil unions, but I suppose the only term at the time was marriage since civil unions at least in their present form wouldnt have existed then.
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

Yeah, Its great to defend people and what they believe. Culture is good. But take the Mayans for example. They use to sacrafice people often. Just because someone has culture doesn't mean its a good culture to have.

I do believe in God, but he also told me its not my place to judge other people either.

...so gay or not, as long as you don't kick open my front door looking to rob me, you will live a good and happy life believing in whatever you want to believe. 8)

Under the same breath, its great to be liberal about other cultures and special interests, but the moment you become too liberal, they will tend to push an agenda. That is human nature. The problem with mankind is greed. Eliminate greed and everything else will sort itself out.

beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

Walperstyle wrote:Yeah, Its great to defend people and what they believe. Culture is good. But take the Mayans for example. They use to sacrafice people often. Just because someone has culture doesn't mean its a good culture to have.

I do believe in God, but he also told me its not my place to judge other people either.

...so gay or not, as long as you don't kick open my front door looking to rob me, you will live a good and happy life believing in whatever you want to believe. 8)

Under the same breath, its great to be liberal about other cultures and special interests, but the moment you become too liberal, they will tend to push an agenda. That is human nature. The problem with mankind is greed. Eliminate greed and everything else will sort itself out.
I thought you guys up there in canada didnt have locks on your doors =)
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

We do.. but unless we are going away for the weekend we don't use them. I am a little scared sometimes because of the thousands of dollars of tools and car stuff I have in my garage right now in my unlocked garage... and 7 nismo lmgt4 wheels just sitting in the back yard, no lock.

Its just a matter of time.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

beercandrifter wrote: You sir seem to have missed one major point, God did give an absolute definition of marriage regardless if you believe it or not. Last I checked, He had the authority to do that.

Saying the government should have no interest in the moral fiber of the society seems a bit of a copout. everything we do is governed by a set of morals, without them, there would be no need for laws that protect against theft, for laws that protect against murder, for laws that protect against gross crimes, any laws at all.
1) You can't prove there is a creator, much less a personal god. I'm not saying there is or there isn't a creator/personal god; I'm saying it can't be proven either way.

2) You sure as hell can't prove that a personal god spoke to a human thousands of years ago to define marriage. Even if it happened the definition has been translated numerous times to get to modern English.

3) Take a philosophy course. There are tons of arguments for/against moral absolutism, moral objectivism, and religious moral codes.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

Kfred wrote:
beercandrifter wrote: You sir seem to have missed one major point, God did give an absolute definition of marriage regardless if you believe it or not. Last I checked, He had the authority to do that.

1) You can't prove there is a creator, much less a personal god. I'm not saying there is or there isn't a creator/personal god; I'm saying it can't be proven either way.

2) You sure as hell can't prove that a personal god spoke to a human thousands of years ago to define marriage. Even if it happened the definition has been translated numerous times to get to modern English.

3) Take a philosophy course. There are tons of arguments for/against moral absolutism, moral objectivism, and religious moral codes.
1) I dont need to, statistics and history have done that for me already.

2) You can throw out every history book you have ever read with that logic, the bible has multiple manuscripts (copies) which were written in a single lifetime of the original copies where people were still alive that could dispute them and cross check the copies. It has more verified documented tested copies than any work ever created which has been confirmed by a plethoria of secular and religious historians both. There were already 5600 greek copies made of the original manuscripts which give over a 99.5% accuracy to the original translation within 100 years. currently there are over 24000 copies found written in languages of the same region, timeframe and dialects appropriate to the region. for reference, the next largest book to be preserved was homers illiad which was copied 500 years after the original and only has 643 copies ever made of the original at a 95% accuracy, followed by aristotles works copied only 49 times 1400 years after, and plato's only 7 copies 1200 years after. can provide the resources and scholars those numbers are pulled from if you would like.

Throwing out the accuracy of the bible is like purging my head of every history course i attended in school, or every historical document I have ever read. its funny though, we accept history books we are taught in school, even though the tale of the events changes each year. Have been in courses one year where they tell us the story one way, then the next year people dont exist in the story or the event didnt actually happen in the same area. I cant help but get a chuckle out of that, but like orwell said, "He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past." There isn't much you can do to change what happened in the past unless its records are not there any more, then people forget what actually happened and believe whatever you tell them happened. The only thing we can do is have due diligence to investigate these things for ourselves. Guess thats one plus to being an engineer, love to know how things work or how they came to be or to discover more about things.

3) have taken multiple philosophy courses thoughout my scholarly pursuits and outside of that as well. it is a very interesting and life old debate that almost every philosopher has tried to investigate. I do not claim to offer any absolute solution to the moral debate, just trying to say you cant have one with out the other, its just ingrained in us as humans.

and thank you for being civilized about discussions, have been many other places where people just flame you for standing up for anything you believe in. shows true character.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

This is very true. Kudo's to everyone who chimed in and keeping the maturity as well. I have been not wanting to get in on the discussions because Religion and Politics are touchy subjects.

The way I see it, who cares what people do. We cannot control them as religion was intended to do. Who cares what a persons beliefs are or sexual preference, etc., if they are not harming you, then let them be. Now, I know it disturbs me to see homosexuals in public kissing and I don't want my kids to think it is all right but in today's times, you need to talk to your kids at an early age. It sucks cause your kids should be kids and not mature so quickly but they don't know what is right or wrong or culturally unethical unless you explain it to them.

I have no issues with homosexuals but if one touches me, it is a warning. If they do it again, no holds bar. Same with anything else, if I don't like it stop. If I feel disrespected or any harm, I will make sure it stops.

This is discussion touches a lot of aspects from Religion, Politics, culture, etc. If this was Jamaica, they would have been stoned to death. An officer in Jamaica, came out of the closet and he had to hide for his life due to their culture. When you start talking about religion, it boils down to your faith. I am Catholic, have done my holy sacraments, etc. but I still question the religion. If Catholics are so holy, then why are so many priests harming young kids. Now, back in the old times with monks, there are texts that talk about them being together. They were suppose to sacrifice this but still did it.

It's an effe'd up world we live in and we either can stand up to it or turn the other cheek. The damage is done already so standing up to it will only land you in jail so turning the cheek is the best solution imo.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Walperstyle

Post by Walperstyle »

BEERCANDRIFTER ROBBED MY HOUSE

how funny is that. after he mentions how we dont lock our doors... last night I was robbed.

So, early this morning I passed out on the couch downstairs at 3:30am.

Between 3:30am and 6:40am someone walked in our front door, came down stairs and stole our bank cards, drivers licences, and my wedding ring. At this point, I believe they turned and noticed I was sleeping on the couch 4 feet away. I say this because I had an xbox, laptop, and a whole bunch more expensive items laying around.

I think it was a pair of 14 year old gangsta wannabe kids that have been tagging the neighbourhood around the same hours.

I plan on setting up a little bit of a trap to determine if they are dumb enough to try it again. If I capture any of them, I'll be sure to post pictures.

the funny part about this is I found where one of them **** outside. Probably scared **** when they realized I was right there.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

Beercandrifter, I also appreciate you and everyone else in this thread being civilized.

I like this definition of a fact: "something that is confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional consent". Example: arguing that the pressure at the bottom of a tank holding a static liquid is independent of the liquid height is perverse. I consider this to be a fact, and I consider anyone who argues otherwise to be an ass.

A history book states that Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese on Dec. 7, 1941. I consider this to be a fact. If you try to deny this you will look like an ass. I'm sure there are tons of inaccuracies in history books, but there are undeniably facts.

The bible states that God spoke to a man and told him X. I do not consider this to be a fact.

It is one thing to say that you are christian and think that it is wrong for a man to lay with another man. It is another thing to say that all citizens of the united states should abide by this christian belief and homosexuals should be denied the right of marriage.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

Sorry to hear about your break-in Walperstyle.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
nismoautoxr
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by nismoautoxr »

The one thing I know for sure is there are only a few things we humans have to do for absolute . 1 of them is live, Another one is die . I get only one chance at each. I believe that how I live determines what happens when I die . Its all up to me.
Ricky Ragan,
95 SE ,LS1 N/A and T56, 230/232 @.050 cam, MS3 with MS3X,GC coilovers,17x8.5 Enkei RPF1 on 255 40 17 RS3 Hankooks, 377HP/351TQ , megasquirt3 fully sequential
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

beercandrifter wrote:
8-bit wrote: There is no absolute definition of marriage.

It also makes no sense for the government to have any interest in differential benefit for the married, or to even consider a 'definition' for such an ambiguous dogma. Ugly/nonmarrying heterosexuals that can't get married deserve equal benefit, too.

You sir seem to have missed one major point, God did give an absolute definition of marriage regardless if you believe it or not. Last I checked, He had the authority to do that.

The problem comes when people decide the morals they create trump Gods, and that is when the problems start. we create our own morals, but where do those lead over time? towards greed and power, case and point the whole political system. As much as we think we are in control and all powerful, time and time again we find we are not, but without using a higher standard, we are left trying to create our own standards.

With that said, you will never have equality no matter what laws are in place, no matter what side is the majority and you are completely right on that, so there is no point to complain. downside of the thought process of democracy is that everyone has a voice, but not everyone gets what they want. can never appease everyone.

It's just a disappointment that the elected officials dont use the market as it was intended. People will evaluate the businesses based on the demonstrated morals in this case, on the quality of the product or even on reviews never having been there, but the people determine the outcome of the business. Shutting down opportunities for economic growth seems like it would be a bad move for any person in office. bet you when that mayor went to chic fil a, they still offered to serve him with a smile like everyone else.

I do wonder what the original reason was why they included benefits for being married into legislation, that did seem to create quite a few arguments that didnt need to be there. They could have left it at civil unions, but I suppose the only term at the time was marriage since civil unions at least in their present form wouldnt have existed then.
You do realize that your mindset assumes that everyone recognizes the authority of god as you understand and interpret it.

I am not an atheist, but I do not fathom to DARE to tell anyone else how they should interpret the workings of the universe. I live my life. I respect and love my neighbors and family, and I respect everyone's right to freely interpret how their creator deigns them to do the same.

To narrow that down to say that, "God said this," is a long bridge to cross, and is at its heart fundamentally against all that this nation was founded upon.

With all that said, their spicy breakfast biscuit is bangin.