user blackbird002 is trying to rob me.

All non-car chat in here...discuss the weather, politics or whatever.
myowncasualty
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

user blackbird002 is trying to rob me.

Post by myowncasualty »

User name : blackbird002
email: t04rsupra@gmail.com

Just a heads up for everyone else. I have good sales/ buy experiences and am a very honest and up front person. I have emails/ pm's and text messages to verify everything.

I sold him (jimmy) my forged, never started motor and he sent the agreed $1800 plus paypal fees. He also paid for shipping and did all the arrangements. I told him the motor all the details about the motor and said I am selling the motor as is and was assemble to the best of my knowledge and ability. I told him the motor has yet to be started and would need inspection before start-up. Apparently I missed an oil plug on the back side of the block and supposedly the head gasket isn't sealing.

First of all we agreed that everything is as is with no warranty expressed/ implied or included. Either way, I was prompt to answer calls and was willing to potentially pay for some repairs. At this point he told me he wants $800-900 to pay his mechanic to re-pull the motor.... So he want me to pay for his failure to check everything before the motor was in the car. I told him there is no way in hell I am paying for that, so next he tries saying he wants his $1800 plus paypal fees plus shipping for a total of $2100 to return the motor, which we already agreed that I don't have the means to refund, return and would not be obligated to take the motor back. So I told him there is no way that is happening, so now he wants me to pay for him to take the motor apart and have everything inspected/ measured/ and reassembled. So now he has issued a paypal dispute requesting $800 refund back....

Even aside from the agreements we had, I had $2100 worth of parts not including that I also gave him my fidanza flywheel for free that was not originally included in the deal and that is still excluding all machine work and assembly. And now he wont even answer the phone and expects me to let him keep the motor and pay him $800. And this is after I had already offered $300 to pay for redecking the block and head surfaces and would leave enough for another new headgasket if needed, but apparently that was not enough...

rant over....I think...
95 240sx ka-t > SOLD
08 Evo X MR > New daily/ fun
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Provide a copy of the communication and advertisement where you said the motor is AS IS and that should suffice.

I'm curious why you built it, never fired it, and it turned out faulty from the get go. I am aware you told him it was 'as is', but sometimes that disclaimer is matched with a high level of confidence from the seller where the buyer would feel that the product works correctly, but can't be warrantied.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

I didn't have the funds to finish everything else (exhaust, dumptube, new intercooler pipes). I am missing an intake manifold as well never finished the wiring for the coil packs. I have a kid and no job so I don't exactly have the money to keep going with it.

That is fine and dandy, he sent me a video and said compression is good but shoots coolant out the radiator> so...I as well assume it would be a headgasket issue. But how am I to know that it wasn't his or his mechanics fault? I have never had an improperly sealed head before and have replaced several head gaskets. Either way here is a screen shot I took of the email saying " no warranty"

***ctrl + scrolling the mouse zooms, if in case you cant read it ***

Here is the video he sent me showing the motor running with the coolant pouring out the radiator.

Last edited by myowncasualty on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
95 240sx ka-t > SOLD
Super Coupe
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Super Coupe »

Be prepared my friend. If you do not have all the communication on hand, as well as pictures and documentation. Paypal will go against you! Cross your fingers.

A/C system for my s14.
Turbo
Heads off my Cobra

I will say over the years paypal has become much better at working things out. But wow, I lost tons of money back in the day. When I refused to refund those bastards sent that **** to my credit report for the amount they refunded the person, which I obviously had to pay at that point.
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

Btw, the amount of fluid increased with the run time/ temperature, but wasn't pouring out at start up or beginning of the video anyways, does that necessarily means bhg? or possibly really poorly bled coolant system? . It is exactly like buying a car private party and then trying get a refund because the motor blew 2 days later,,....as a seller I have to think " wtf?, I have no idea what you did with it since it has been in your hands."
95 240sx ka-t > SOLD
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

The email CLEARLY states that it is being sold "as is". If PayPal does report it against your credit, I would think you have a case against them in court.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

thanks for the support, I am not in the business of screwing people over. I felt like sh!t when he told me there was a problem with the motor and was willing to help pay for some repairs ($300) until he said he wants an outlandish $800-900 back.

I was also going through the emails once again and found this one, its the return from him acknowledging and agreeing to the terms.

95 240sx ka-t > SOLD
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

It may be a poorly bled coolant system. They should be doing the 'exhaust gas in coolant test' that costs about 50 bucks.

Also, they should bleed the system well. new blocks are notorious for taking a long time to bleed and needing more bleeding after you think you're done. Also, he should make sure the thermostat is installed with the bleeder hole in the 12-o-clock position.

They should not say it was a blown HG without that exhaust gas in coolant test.

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

8-bit wrote:
They should not say it was a blown HG without that exhaust gas in coolant test.
...but even as it is, who is to say that he didn't add coolant or oil or bleed it at all and it actually did overheat and blow the headgasket. That sure the hell wouldn't be my fault.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I agree. It appears you were forward, honest, and clear about no warranty. And it is worth noting that 1800 is a steal, even if it requires a HG.

myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

thanks, I am pretty heated about it if you couldn't tell (its hard to tell through text) I honestly feel like I am being robbed, I have already gave my story to paypal and am waiting to see if they want or need any of my text, pm's or emails
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Just keep documenting. I wish you had an email or text that stated the startup was good. After that, it is in his hands as his tune could have been the culprit. I hope he is not trying to tune with stock ecu and SAFC.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

Yay!!! But he is still trying to get some sort of refund or return for full return. Yeah right, not a chance in hell I would take that back after he has had it for a month, and already had it in car and running. Who knows how he beat it, mistreated it and ran it without a tune.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

Glad to hear that PayPal is finally looking at these disputes. Back in the day, you could just say you didn't get what you paid for, or say you didn't receive it, and they would totally screw over the seller immediately with no questions asked.

I need to add that disclaimer to all my transactions from here on in. Really makes me wonder about people now a days. Especially with transactions so far away.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Pull the funds out before they change their minds!
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
blackbird002
NooB

Post by blackbird002 »

Actually you where the one that rob me, the motor you sold me was build by a 12 year old, I will post a full summary, but so far here is what this idiot has cost me:

-- Valve clearance was wrong, intake valves where hitting the pistons
-- Cylinder crosshatch seem to have been done with a drill and not a proper machine shop
-- Crank totally out of balance
-- Head / Block not surfaced right (hence the video above)
-- ARP head studs not lube (they snap while taking them off)

And much more to come, I will post the full sheet of what this asshole has cost me, is amazing that people like this exist, selling a "build engine" when it wasn't.. beware of this guy, do NOT buy anything from him if you don't want to get screwed.
Last edited by blackbird002 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackbird002
NooB

Post by blackbird002 »

eazye2000 wrote:Glad to hear that PayPal is finally looking at these disputes. Back in the day, you could just say you didn't get what you paid for, or say you didn't receive it, and they would totally screw over the seller immediately with no questions asked.

I need to add that disclaimer to all my transactions from here on in. Really makes me wonder about people now a days. Especially with transactions so far away.
Unlike you I'm not a thief nor an idiot, the engine was turn off after we realized that it had a blow headgasket (what we knew at the time, see my post above for everything else you missed)

Don't worry things have a way of coming back is something called Karma, this moron has cost me well over 1000 bucks, I will post the bill from the machine shop and the before pictures so everyone can see.. BEWARE buying from this guy
z240xs
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by z240xs »

did you or a mechanic install that motor?
boosting it! solving it!
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

That is bull ****, Everything you said was ****. I had two different machine shops touch the motor and they are very reputable and do great work. I also had my friend who is a ASE certified master mechanic inspect, measure and verify everything was inline and proper.

`Arp studs were properly torqued with a recently calibrated snap-on torque wrench with arp brand lube,
`Crank was properly balanced, I was there when it happened
`Valve clearance?,,,,, stock valves with new springs and retainers,,...so...?
`Head was verified finer than the specified roa by cometic, same as block.
`And you can see the crosshatch in the pics from when I sold the motor, it was nearly flawless.

I didn't cost you ****, I sold you a motor as is. End of story. Every part that I said was there was there. I have alot more buyer/seller experience on here and have never had an issue prior to you.

BTW paypal sided with me and closed the dispute.
Last edited by myowncasualty on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

Not that I remember what the clearance of anything was now off the top of my head (they were correct). You didn't ask what the ring gap was set at, you didn't ask what the bearing clearances was, you didn't ask what any of the torque values were. So its rather unbelievable to me that you would blame your own ignorance and inexperience on me, regardless of what has supposedly failed. So how am I supposed to take your word for it when you clearly aren't as well versed in such a matter as you think you are. I know, you have no idea and are just listening to what your mechanic is feeding you, but that doesn't mean it is correct.

Either way, I am over it. Dispute is over, and I am rarely on here anymore to defend myself.