Marcus's ongoing garage build thread...

All non-car chat in here...discuss the weather, politics or whatever.
Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

Marcus's ongoing garage build thread...

Post by Marcus »

It's been ongoing since I have moved into my new house. I had two options. 1.) good house with a horrible garage. 2.) Perfect garage in a bad neighborhood with a falling down house. So I ended up with number 1. Wiring is a nightmare and lacks everywhere. Slab is horrible, but I'm going to make the best of it for my workshop.

First pic is move in weekend in the snow. Early pictures show 2x4's spanning well over 14 ft. It was bad enough I refused to let myself park my ninja anywhere on the back half haha. Have major support for my loft and we actually raised the roof...literally. What started as just peg board has turned into ripping the walls apart and bagging blown insulation which has been fun.

black diamond
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by black diamond »

you'll just appreciate it that much more when you get it where you like it. Kind of like restoring an old beat to hell 240 lol.
arob987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by arob987 »

Best of luck with the buildup,i sure it will turn out great with a little time and work.I like the labor rate sign lol.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Oh man, that garage looks like it was a structural nightmare. Glad you're making progress :)
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thanks guys! Two hindrances. One I bruised at the best, fractured at the worst a couple of ribs last week so the progress slowed. Second I don't have a truck so I have to work with friends and time frames to get sheets and geez I still need a 16' 2x8 which is fun to carry. Might have a truck in my near future though. Who doesn't love a 67-72 Chevy half ton pickup? :wink: With a 5.3 ls z06 cammed with overdrive to boot.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

Ahhhh! this is cool!
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
z240xs
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by z240xs »

hope for a speed recovery man
boosting it! solving it!
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Thank you so much for the kind words!. Staying active...and here goes a dull saturday update.

I gave up on a lot of things I should be worried about. I found enough problems that the the thought of non-permanency came up. Ground is covered though and hopefully welder will be at home soon. :D
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Didn't like my far wall after sleeping on it. Re-did some stuff....but now I am framed up to the new interior door. I'm removing the outside entry completely. I don't think I have a picture but I have the header and trim boards setup. It's going smooth now.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

And more and more.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Sunday Funday progress. Ran out of lumber. Peg board is atleast up however. Atleast a 1/4 of it anyways. Almost to the point of rewiring. Which is a yay for welder.

It was well insulated. /sarcasm.

Feedback is welcome. :D
KA-T S12
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: Marcus's ongoing garage build thread...

Post by KA-T S12 »

Hell yea! We will all be over to..erm..try out that...uhh..garage there for ya once it's done :mrgreen:
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

KA-T S12 wrote:Hell yea! We will all be over to..erm..try out that...uhh..garage there for ya once it's done :mrgreen:
Bring a 12 pack and I'm game for nearly anything. ;) Well The truck fell through to the abyss. My water heater I was limping along decided it was time to go. If you don't own a house, just know that this stuff costs a lot more than it used to. There was about 20 bends and pvc (I get that backwards everytime and have to say out loud positive crankcase ventilation and then reverse it to make sure I said it right) and I have planned on pexing the house and so it has begun. I really wish I would have taken pictures before the water heater work started....the upgrade is like blown S13 struts to stance coilovers. Super happy with the 4th weekend progress. Let me know what you guys think. :)

Making some progress so I hope the homeowners out there can sympathize. :violin:
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Ran out of sheets. :(

denty95
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by denty95 »

Looks good man. You're into a little bit of everything huh?
96 s14
arias 8.8 pistons, brian crower rods, acl bearings, brian crower stage 2 cams, cx racing front mount turbo manifold, gt35r, 850cc injectors, apexi dual n1, greddy profec-II, xcessive intake, AEM EMS, cometic hg.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

denty95 wrote:Looks good man. You're into a little bit of everything huh?
As in vehicles? Or work? Or both? Lol I try to cram my head with variety.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Got some stuff done this weekend. :obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingcheers:

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Ahhhh.

AFKOUKI
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by AFKOUKI »

good progress! anymore updates?
edit***
that was today lol, good work so far
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

AFKOUKI wrote:good progress! anymore updates?
edit***
that was today lol, good work so far
Ahh no worries. Actually yes there is more progress for the picture was 5 days ago. I'm inching it along picture wise so it looks like I might be doing something. :violin:
denty95
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by denty95 »

Marcus wrote:
both haha. im a welder by trade, but my relatives seem to think I'm a diesel mechanic, hydraulic cylinder rebuilder, collision repair, ect.. lol
I seen you had a bike I just picked up a 2008 buell last week. I love it.
96 s14
arias 8.8 pistons, brian crower rods, acl bearings, brian crower stage 2 cams, cx racing front mount turbo manifold, gt35r, 850cc injectors, apexi dual n1, greddy profec-II, xcessive intake, AEM EMS, cometic hg.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

denty95 wrote:
Marcus wrote:
both haha. im a welder by trade, but my relatives seem to think I'm a diesel mechanic, hydraulic cylinder rebuilder, collision repair, ect.. lol
I seen you had a bike I just picked up a 2008 buell last week. I love it.
There is truth to the saying "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul". 8) Actually sold a bike and picked up two more and parts for the same amount. Posting pics in next post.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

More progress.

Number one....who needs a truck? That's what 240's are for.

The door FINALLY installed. Bought a 25 dollar solid oak door and made the frame and that good stuff.

And then......what barn find bike did I find?
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Sneak peak. It has been awhile. Adult life does that to an individual. I've dumped a grand into new electric......so not only has the garage been a priority, but the the house is getting worked over too. So here is some promising aspects. 50 amp welder circuit and giant argon bottle....check!

supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Nice cafe racer. I just got done retiling my shower. Just to change the vanity and paint. The joys of owning a house. Next thing is to redo the kitchen.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
PeterLight
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PeterLight »

Well, it's one thing to customize the racer, but the whole garage? Now, that's brilliant!