Post your DIY lawn pics!

All non-car chat in here...discuss the weather, politics or whatever.
arob987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post your DIY lawn pics!

Post by arob987 »

Not sure if there are any homeowners,renters,ect. in here that take pride in there lawn,or friendly competition with there neighbors or co workers. But that has recently become one of my new cheaper hobbies between my car addiction.no I'm not retired or old (23 3/4) lol. Well here goes!!

I started renting this house back in Sep/Oct 2012 I only had to cut the grass once.fall and winter came and I didn't do leaves or anything,I could care less how it looked as long as I kept it cut (my first own yard to cut from living in an apartment for 5 years)so come spring i have weeds,bare spots,ect most my neighborhood already had there leaves done and are maintaining there yards from previous years so there looking good (some better than others) and the guys at work are older than me (10-25 years) and there talking about there yards now pictures,tips ect. so the finally talk me into it so now I had to buy general lawn tools weedeater, rakes,pruners,hedge trimmers,ect. it was hard at first to spend money on that instead of car parts lol,so I've done a little at a time.so exactly a mont ago I took a pic after I cut it and started my maintenance and there's a huge difference I've passed my neighbors that been doing it for years and have fancy equipment,now they compliment my yard a lot and people out just walking by.no professional lawn service just a little work and time.

*post your pics if you do your lawn*

Sorry for the long post and rambling just a bit bored at work.now on to the pics from after winter till now.

Right before spring,leaves,weeds,and my gf driving in the yard everytime she comes home,washing her car in the yard while I was at work(never figured that one out lol)

1 month ago after a few times just cutting it with the leaves still under the grass,weeds,bare spots. Just cut pic.

Couple days later after trimming the bushes and raking up all the compacted leaves.

And now after 1 month of proper cutting and maintenance, still have a few weeds that should be gone soon and a little yellowing from a dull mower blade I forgot I chopped up some sticks on accident but its almost gone.this is an uncut pic most the weeds gone,it basically looks the same cut.

And a closeup of the grass.its really soft and fluffy.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

I'm game for this. I moved into base housing and the previous owner had a dog that destroyed the yard. I had a hell of a time fixing it.
The kicker was, is that I am from the south, and I moved to New England and had no idea what I was doing. It was a crash course from hell, but a nice experience. Especially since I had my daughter at the time and she loved playing outside.
Let me dig up some pics.
arob987

Post by arob987 »

Yea dogs can really do a number on yards.large bare spots and compacted dirt is hard to grow on.this yard is my first one so I had no experience besides just getting it cut lol.definitely post some pics.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

Post by Marcus »

I work as a grounds mechanic on campus...so my yard is getting ready to be revamped. I'll be participating in this thread hahah.
arob987

Post by arob987 »

Cool Marcus are you going to be working the existing lawn or starting from scratch since you say revamped lol.either way post pics as you go along.

sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

haha sweet, i love these random threads. what i really need is a place to post up the pub i built in my basement lol.

heres a lil project with the boys. got about $2,200 ish and spend about two weekends on it with a few doods.

airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
arob987

Post by arob987 »

Don't wanna cut grass just build a big sandbox then turn it to a patio,lol just kidding that looks pretty sweet,looks like a great place to hangout,grill,have drinks,shoot the sh*t,relax,and a fire at night.

mmmS13

Re: Post your DIY lawn pics!

Post by mmmS13 »

So my yard used to be all weeds and stuff, then after getting all of that cleared out grass came. After my parents got 2 horses. that grass turned to dirt. Its about 2 acres and ends where the dead trees are (my neighbors don't take care of crap). We've got a horse ring and a barn for them, and I spend some days picking up horse poop or driving the jeep in the ring to smooth out the ground.

Its not a great picture, but I really wanted to use my new phones camera differently than I normall would. :mrgreen:

230k stock block
50 trim 16psi
810cc DW's
Z32 MAF
Enthalpy Tuned
*Sold*
Evo X Cornfed

http://www.youtube.com/LGmmkay
^ Youtube Channel ^

viewtopic.php?p=496648#496648
^ Build Thread ^

viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
^ Considering E-Mance? Read this ^
KA-T S12
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re:

Post by KA-T S12 »

sdaigle240 wrote:haha sweet, i love these random threads. what i really need is a place to post up the pub i built in my basement lol.
Start a 'Man Cave' Thread =o
AFKOUKI

Post by AFKOUKI »

People think im crazy, but I enjoy yardwork. Every week with my dad growing up we would cut the grass together. Im in an apt now, but I yern for a nice place to take care of and call my own.
arob987

Post by arob987 »

Well last month after my pictures I sprayed weed killer.well it didn't go how I planned!the temperature jumped over 100°f right after I put it down and the stuff I use burns weeds with heat around 75-85° I got home the next day I had a big mess lots of burnt grass I mean dead so I got to heavy watering for a week to flush the yard well I had saved all I could that was still green.It was time for fertilizer but not after the burn I had so i put down some very slow organic fertilizer so it wouldn't hurt it while it was weak i kept cutting it like normal after a week o put the normal fertilizer and kept cutting and here it is today
Attachments
Week after watering heavy,it was worse.
Week after watering heavy,it was worse.
The week after flushing with water and saving some of it,and putting down organic fertilizer
The week after flushing with water and saving some of it,and putting down organic fertilizer
How it looks today
How it looks today

Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

Post by Marcus »

Mini golf at your house this weekend! :dance:
arob987

Post by arob987 »

Haha sure I'll set up some obstacles,all my neighbors say its like a putting green cause I keep mine cut way shorter than everyone else.

arob987

Post by arob987 »

I wish my yard was completely flat and no dips at all so I could try a reel mower to get it really short for this sort of look.
Attachments
Pic from a grass forum lol

slo240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by slo240 »

Ugh wife and I laid sod last year and it didn't take :( was hoping for a nice lawn this year but no luck. Thinking it didn't take because we didn't roll the sod after laying it... Might try again next spring
JIC FLTA2s, tanabe underbody brace, JIC RUCAs, JIC traction rods, JIC rear strut bar

Built ka24de: Eagle rods, JE pistons 9:1, APR main & head studs, beck & arnley bearings, felpro gasket kit, N62 MAF, dual exhaust cam setup, AFC Neo, Innovate MXT-L wideband
arob987

Post by arob987 »

New challenge next year with the new yard,gonna be a lot of work.lots of weeds and spots that have been killed with weeds its been a very neglected yard.all the green and dark brown is basically weeds with no grass the light greenish/brown is grass with tons more weeds taking over.

arob987

Post by arob987 »

Anyone have any pics they wanna post this season. Here's mine since my last post,after ive gotten flowers planted, bushes trimmed,mulched, gotten almost all the weeds killed and grass grown in finally.

PeterLight
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PeterLight »

Man, I haven't cleaned up my lawn yet. Better get to it before taking some snapshots.