41%
Canada eh.
6%

Total votes: 32

Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

National KA meet possibilities and interest

Post by Marcus »

I've had an ambition to get all the KA guys together at once for a while now. I'm fishing for interest in ideas of prime locations, activities (such as find a track weekend), Time of year, etc.

I'd like to add that I have no intentions of excluding anybody. If you have a KA NA welcome. Same goes to down turbo cars, people that used to have one (even if they have a sr20 now :wink: ), and so I mean no limitations on what motor or brand shows up. Just this community actually becoming a community.

I'd also like to say that personally, as I believe many would agree, next year would be enough forewarning and motivation to hopefully have a substantial outcome.

This poll is general and I'd like honest answers to possible attendance and location. Let's find a happy medium.

The last thing I'd like to say is how outstanding it would be to be able to even put on a car show via the meet...and even donate to a good cause. I have lots of ideas and want all and any input about anything.
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

I would be down to drive 3 hours one way for a good meetup (15+ ka-t guys) If its in a cool place then it would be a bonus.

Driving a long ways to an event where i can break things is a bad situation for me, but it would be cool to see some 240s in action
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

^ Same. I no longer have a 240 but would still be willing to drive a bit to meet up with folks especially if a nice venue gets lined up.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
AFKOUKI
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: National KA meet possibilities and interest

Post by AFKOUKI »

I'm down depending on whre I'm stationed at the time. It would be awesome to be able to put on a car show for a charity as mentioned above. My vote goes to the wounded warrior project
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

Depending on the location and time of the year i would be down for a meet.
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

I'm down. Let's get this thing rolling.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
flip240

Post by flip240 »

This would be something fun, I love talking about cars with guys who work on their own cars. Especially KA-t guys :mrgreen:
- Phil - Concord Gray S14 - 339 rwhp, 340 ft-tq @ 12psi
Daily driven turbocharged KA24 for 10 years and counting. 2004-2014
My setup: KA24DE-T
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

tail of the dragon trip in the fall! o so much fun driving in mountains

i wonder who voted for "canada, eh" =)
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

nice. it might be cool to do regional meets if theres enough interest in a few geographies. id be all about a new england meet, but obviously wont be driving down to florida for a meet.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Oh man YEAH! GREAT IDEA!!!!!! A national KA-t Meet would be awesome! I've been waiting for someone to suggest this haha.
Doing it for a good cause is a great idea too; in addition to giving back to the community, it makes things more official.

A trip/meet out to the "Tail of the Dragon" road would be great!
sdaigle240 wrote:nice. it might be cool to do regional meets if theres enough interest in a few geographies. id be all about a new england meet, but obviously wont be driving down to florida for a meet.
^ I agree. A national meet would be Sooo AWESOME, like the HUGE Nissan meet they do in California at a Nissan Dealership, but breaking it up into a few different geographies first is a great idea. Having a few different geography meets at the same dates/times( accounting for time zones) would be a great stepping stone to eventually start combining meets; this way everyone has this date open on their schedules. This would also show where the majority of people are coming from, so we could better "center" the meet to a location that would be best for everyone. I dunno, hah

Oh and not to get too far ahead of the game plan, but I know from trying to help organize meets on a few other forums, the meeting spot venue is another important thing to consider.
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

I would be all for helping out and organizeing a KA meet in the New Orleans Area.
schmauster920

Post by schmauster920 »

I vote KA meetup in the sierras :D
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

We tried, on another forum (WFC), to get an east coast meet going on... about 4-5 months ago, still getting posts like "when is this?", "Where is this going to be?", "I'm down", and/or "Lets get this meet going!"....four to FIVE months ago and still no definite guest list or venue, hah. I think momentum is the key here :) .

I cant stop thinking about just how F'N AWESOME it would be to have a Pack of KA-T's all in the same place!
I'm in PA and I'd be willing to make a drive to a meet (and I think others would agree) provided it has the following:

-Great turnout lots of Nice people and cars (Whatever make/model and no d-bags doing stupid stuff, safety is a huge priority). Personally, I think I would be a little disappointed if I drove 5hrs to a small lot out in the back of a convenient store with 10 cars in it and people that pretty much just kept to themselves, hah.

-For a great cause (helping to raise money for a great cause, usually helps make the meet more meaningful and a lot more fun for everyone because they know they are giving back to the community and changing the attitude of local law enforcement, who often (and in most cases rightly so) think that car meets are an epicenter of possible trouble

-Great venue (restaurants, stores, possibly other things to do nearby; scenery, cool roads, ect.)
- Some type of media coverage (even if its just for a forum(s), FB, ect.

**Where ever this meet or meets occur, lets just make it worth the drive for us roadtrippers!

KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

I will drive at least 10hrs to a good turn out. The southeast seems like the best option though. I know Mooresville Dragway put on some import shows recently with drag racing and Farmington has been doing an import series. Both places have plenty of parking. They also just had the ISO meet at Zmax Dragway. I may could talk to Brian Phillips at Street Wise Drift since they have established things with venues in the area and have pull with Formula Drift. We need to get a good head count before we can really look at venues. I want to see this happen. Let me know if I can do anything!
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ka24etztm/videos
My Original Build Thread
: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35224
Current Build Status: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=61790
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

It would be so nice to put faces with builds.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ka24etztm/videos
My Original Build Thread
: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35224
Current Build Status: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=61790
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

KA24ETZTM wrote:It would be so nice to put faces with builds.
^ I agree :]

As far as a head count goes, I agree that would be a good place to start. We could figure out regions next. Maybe we could get a list going in the first post?... Marcus?...Pleeeeaaase :]

Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

i think a defined location would be the first place to start before you get a list of who is going. If you get a list of who is going first and then a location, depending on the location that "who's going" list might drop off a bit. I have organized quite a bit of local car shows and meets and before i ever got an answer from anyone attending they would always ask where the location was going to be. I am in the process of putting together a Southeastern regional 240sx meet to include a little bit of drifting.
smbonn2005

Post by smbonn2005 »

I'd be down for a regional meet for sure when my car is running. National would depend on where it was
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Pjay240 wrote:i think a defined location would be the first place to start before you get a list of who is going. If you get a list of who is going first and then a location, depending on the location that "who's going" list might drop off a bit. I have organized quite a bit of local car shows and meets and before i ever got an answer from anyone attending they would always ask where the location was going to be. I am in the process of putting together a Southeastern regional 240sx meet to include a little bit of drifting.
^ Great! We need to start somewhere. How far down south are we talking, like Florida?!

Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

It would depend on where in Florida. Here in New Orleans there is a new race track where all of the drift events are held in New Orleans. I think it would be a great location for a meet as they have a 5 acre Karting track, a 2.75 mile road course and a 5 acre autocross pad.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Shoot im down south fl. I can't drive far due to lack of e85 stations.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

supakat wrote:Shoot im down south fl. I can't drive far due to lack of e85 stations.
Make another tune for 91octane? :D
It would be awesome with you there.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

That is tempting. I easily could do it.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Pjay240 wrote:It would depend on where in Florida. Here in New Orleans there is a new race track where all of the drift events are held in New Orleans. I think it would be a great location for a meet as they have a 5 acre Karting track, a 2.75 mile road course and a 5 acre autocross pad.
That seems like it would be a cool venue for a meet. Do you have any pics of the area? It would be about a 17 hour drive for me.
I've never been to New Orleans, might have to make it a road trip if its going to be a National KA Meet though :mrgreen:

Last weekend in Ocean city, Maryland at the H20i meet there were people from Alabama, Quebec Canada, and a lot of people traveled long didtances on bagged suspension setups. The Meet/ meets, cruises and crowd were totally worth the trip though- it was like the meet venue was all of Oceancity... literally modified cars everywhere and a lot of 240's and a hardbody ka truck or few too.

My point is: if the meet venue is great (stuff to do, food places, parking available, places to stay overnight, good lighting if it is a night meet, ect.), the crowd there and the people who go there are all cool (not douchebags), and we have some kind of event coverage going on (even just some people taking pics and video to post on this forum, other forums, FB, ect.)- the trip would totally be worth it; especially if it was a once a year type of event and maybe even a weekend-long type of event. The OC MD one started on thursday with "camera and Cars" event, then there was a meet friday and then there were multiple meets on Saturday.

Just throwing around some ideas. I'd REALLY like to see something like this come together on the east coast!

s14fiend

Post by s14fiend »

Especially if it was a once a year type of event and maybe even a weekend-long type of event. The OC MD one started on thursday with "camera and Cars" event, then there was a meet friday and then there were multiple meets on Saturday.

Just throwing around some ideas. I'd REALLY like to see something like this come together on the east coast!

Just a thought There is a weekend-long event this month north Florida FL2K13

We could always do it then and park amongst each other as the KA-T.org group (for those that can make it,next year for those that cannot) at the several activities that weekend?
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

i am all for setting up some stuff at NOLA Motorsports and i am sure it would come with a price so maybe a once a year event there would be pretty awesome and maybe we can get some sponsors and kind of make it more like a car show with limited awards. Its a really nice place and they sell food. There are also hotels very near by for people to stay at when they come down for the event. Maybe instead of just like a one day event we can make it like a weekend event.
Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

Post by Marcus »

I am very sorry people for my lack of responses and interest. Just when I thought I might be settled I have applied and await another move and job change. Way too many too soon so if somebody is willing to carry the torch let it be. I'll still be around, but I've been thrown other obstacles.
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

Marcus wrote:I am very sorry people for my lack of responses and interest. Just when I thought I might be settled I have applied and await another move and job change. Way too many too soon so if somebody is willing to carry the torch let it be. I'll still be around, but I've been thrown other obstacles.
i will be more than willing to carry on the torch.
Pjay240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Pjay240 »

For you guys who may have not heard about it or heard about it and have never been, i posted a link to the live cam which is on the North Track @ Nola Motorsports Park. I think this is a great location for a once a year 240 meet.

http://cam.nolamotor.com/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=545
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

I've checked it out, looks awesome! This seems like it would be a great venue to host the "once-a-year" event (plenty of parking and places to stay and eat in the area. Its kind of a hike from Philly, but if the predicted turnout for this event is huge and it is once a year, I would consider making the trip out.

I was trying to figure out ways we could increase the turnout for this event too. I came up with a few that maybe we could discuss:

-first of all and obviously, extensive planning
-some kind of media coverage ( even if its just for local forums, Fb, etc.)
-Make it a charity event or event for another good cause
-try to get a few sponsors for the event (even if its just local businesses)
-maybe combine with multiple forums or another event
-maybe some contests, raffles, giveaways, etc

let me know what you guys think :]