My own TY's WB SPL Upgrade Version

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
titec2
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by titec2 »

Isn't the sensor that you are talking about the Crank Flux Sensor? The CAS is in the distributor. I am running this clutch, flywheel and PP set up. I was wondering if any of you that are running an aftermarket PP experienced a big increase in clutch pedal effort / stiffness. I ended up pulling the clutch pedal out of the car welding up the pivot hold and relocating it .200 up from the stock. This modification netted me a substantial reduction in pedal effort. I experimented with moving it up .500 but with the clutch take-off point relocated up that close to the clutch pivot point there was not enough stroke on the clutch MC to operate the slave cylinder. I wish I had moved it up .250 instead of .200 I think that with the ACT PP that I have that if I would have gone .250 I would have a stock pedal feel with 500+ ftlb’s of torque holding capacity. Oh and one other thing; with the rb20 flywheel that I am running my crank flux sensor does not hit the flywheel. My flywheel is one of the ones that Gordon Duax sells on egay.
titec2

Post by titec2 »

I forgot to mention that is it the clutch engagement area that is larger on the truck and rb20 flywheels. The ring gear is the exact same size hence your stock starter works perfectly. Yes if you leave the crank flux sensor in the bellhousing and try to stab the trans into the clutch you will most likely crush the flux sensor. Just pull it out when you stab the trans and replace it once you have the trans bolted up. Wildbama37, did you get a CEL light when you removed the crank flux sensor form your other car?
AaronSX
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by AaronSX »

So is anybody running this setup yet? I am preparing to do a A/T to M/T conversion, so I thought I might do this while I'm working in the area.
titec2

Post by titec2 »

READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!!
AaronSX
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by AaronSX »

Erm, I did. I was just looking for more feedback than what has been provided thus far.
2389cc_S14
240sx Wannabe

Post by 2389cc_S14 »

So you guys are using OEM KA24DE flywheel bolts right? Bolts up with no problems right?

~T3/TO4E, 50 lbs inj, Z32 MAF, Enthalpy ECU, JGS mani, 8.8:1 Arias, Apex GT Spec Exh
titec2

Post by titec2 »

Yes the RB20 flywheel bolts up with the factory bolts. The one thing to note is that the area of the flyhweel that you put the bolts through on the RB20 is a little thicker that the KA flywheel. I used the stock KA bolts and have been running this set up for 6+ months with no problems. Read the post above for the solution to the high clutch pedal pressure.
"If A Little Is Good More Is Better And Too Much Is Just Right" - Mike R.
wcbjr

Post by wcbjr »

Just a bump for some more info if anyone has any.

I have an RB flywheel sitting in my garage and my build will be happening after I get my tax return back this year.
titec2

Post by titec2 »

I think that every possible question regarding this clutch, PP and Flywheel has been answered. Please be specific if you have any additional questions.
"If A Little Is Good More Is Better And Too Much Is Just Right" - Mike R.
turtle m3th
Learners Permit

Post by turtle m3th »

I know this is an old thread, but i have a few questions before I dive into this and I have read the entire thing a few times. The first thing i was wondering about is the differences between the newer gen RB flywheels and the older ones, because everything that I had come across stated that the older model flywheels could be used but didn't state why the newer models couldn't be used. Also, just curious as to what to affix the clutch itself with. Do the stock KA clutch bolts work in the RB25 flywheel?
Love my women like I love my cars, with a big ol dunlop and a big bore...
KoukiKAT
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by KoukiKAT »

The stock KA pressure plate bolts fit perfectly. I'm not sure that there are any RB flywheels that won't work, but certainly any of the aftermarket ones will.
The 240SX is dead. Long live the 240SX!
ka-torqy
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ka-torqy »

I know this is an old thread. HOWEVER...im curious to know any updates
WHAT have ppl been using as far as different clutches/material/pp,
and what kind of horsepower have they been withstanding up to...how much bost....and most of what kind of pedal feel with all the various clutch setups
!?!?!!?!!??!?!?!?!?
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Dude, come on now. Clutches have been discussed SO MANY TIMES everywhere, lol.

This whole thread is basically the idea of the White Bunny setup!

When I tell people to search/etc, I usually give them a few links to show them an example of HOW to search - but I'm not even going to do that in this case lol. There were like 3 clutch topics in the last month on here!
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.