turbo doesnt fit need sugestions

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
BUILTS13T
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

turbo doesnt fit need sugestions

Post by BUILTS13T »

so i finally got my motor completely in today and i went to hook up my turbo and it didn't fit because of the break mater cylinder. i need suggestions... i was thinking of making an adapter plate to lift the turbo up a smudge. i know its hard to picture for you i can post pics tomorrow. but if anyone had the same problem let me know what you did. thanks!
internals- 9.0:1 CP Forged Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Stock crankshaft, Brian Crower titanium valve train, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, 630cc side feed injectors, King engine bearings Rod/Main, ARP Head/Main studs, Cometic 2m Head gasket, Holset t70 70 trim turbo. nothing special.
pa s13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by pa s13 »

you got the ebay special manifold??
BM_95_240
240sx Wannabe

Post by BM_95_240 »

what is ur setup?? but i think u could try the s14 non abs brake booster ( i think its the slimmest if i recall) correct me if im wrong... that might work but a pic would help a lot with suggestions
95' 240
TinyT wrote:your cheap fmu rockin havin ass wouldnt buy these thunder sticks anyways.
ghostchild316
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ghostchild316 »

pa s13 wrote:you got the ebay special manifold??
sounds like it Pnwed him
Dead account. Send pm's to "Alonso" from now on...
BUILTS13T

Post by BUILTS13T »

yea haha eBay top mount. i was thinking about making an adapter to just rotate the turbo counter clock wise about 10-15 degrees. cause that's all it looks like it needs. then the v band can clear the MC
internals- 9.0:1 CP Forged Pistons, Eagle H-Beam Rods, Stock crankshaft, Brian Crower titanium valve train, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, 630cc side feed injectors, King engine bearings Rod/Main, ARP Head/Main studs, Cometic 2m Head gasket, Holset t70 70 trim turbo. nothing special.
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

ebay fail. buy a good manifold or suffer the consequences that will progressively **** u harder every day because your "taking the cheap way" will manifest into worse things and eventually u will settle for a v6 el camino, budweiser, and a **** single wide. i seen it
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

^ hey wats wrong with elkys i had a zz4 crate 350 in one for awhile... oh v6. Nvm the 305's don't have anypower let alone the v6. I do not however condone drinking budwiser in a single wide with your sister. (maybe a bit to far but who cares) I would personally buy a decent manifold the ebay ones suck for top mount... bottom mounts arnt as bad but i am planing on replacing mine soon.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
BUILTS13T

Post by BUILTS13T »

the manifold is the only thing i got off of eBay and its actually pretty nicely made. and the only reason my turbo didn't fit is because i have the v band clamp setup with an internal wastegate so i just took that off and put an external wastegate on and it fits perfect.
BUILTS13T

Post by BUILTS13T »

ooh and i'v already started that route hahaha i have a 83 camaro with a 355 twin turbo just a little more power then a v6 haha
ghostchild316
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ghostchild316 »

got pics of both your setups?
BUILTS13T

Post by BUILTS13T »

i can get some better pics up tomorrow these kinda suck.

this is my camaro. I'll get some pics of the motor setup tomorrow i don't have any on my comp.

like i said nothing special.
BUILTS13T

Post by BUILTS13T »

heres the camaro ran out side and took a pic. its a first gen motor in a third gen. specs 355 5.7 forged wiseco pistons eagle i beam rods forged crank ported and polished aluminum heads 2 inch primary turbo manifolds a set of t70 turbonetics turbos 35 psi Holley port match intake manifold tuned port injection msd blaster coil msd 6al ignition system. its pretty quick. its best was a 8.23@146 no chute and no slicks and yes i get kicked out cause i trap quicker then 135 with no chute. at least that's the rule around here.

nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

I've never understood a track kicking a street car out that traps too high, only to watch it drive home ON THE STREET.

Their rules are pretty retarded... I mean, why should they be able to kick you out from the place that is supposed to exist for the sole reason of stopping racing on the street? You already sign liability forms, so WTF? A lot of these ***** rules don't exist in most road racing either. I mean, you are driving in a straight line, and they come up with stupid ass ****. For some reason, I have to have my windows up when I am on the drag strip, but I can have them down on the road course? That makes no sense to me. I can also wear shorts at the road course...

There are so many reasons I don't go to the drag strip anymore...
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
https://www.ka-t.org/cory_b.php
Use Linux...
BUILTS13T

Post by BUILTS13T »

haha yea a lot of there rules are pretty retarded i agree. even getting through tech is a pain sometimes. i love the rule where your seat has to be connected to the cage haha what the hell is that going to do?! or how you have to have a fire jacket if your running any aftermarket forced induction but any car that is stock forced induction it doesn't matter. there a hole list of good ones haha.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

BUILTS13T wrote:heres the camaro ran out side and took a pic. its a first gen motor in a third gen. specs 355 5.7 forged wiseco pistons eagle i beam rods forged crank ported and polished aluminum heads 2 inch primary turbo manifolds a set of t70 turbonetics turbos 35 psi Holley port match intake manifold tuned port injection msd blaster coil msd 6al ignition system. its pretty quick. its best was a 8.23@146 no chute and no slicks and yes i get kicked out cause i trap quicker then 135 with no chute. at least that's the rule around here.

did you swap the tires before you took a pic? motor pic has a higher profile tire.

anyone that actually has that twin turbo sbc isnt going to be asking simple questions about turbo positioning and running **** ebay garbage manifolds and think they are good.

i dont beleive that is ur motor, just my 2 cents, not that it matters
Chay G.
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Chay G. »

get an on-center turbo
BUILTS13T

Post by BUILTS13T »

i don't understand how you can give an answer like that. 1) the front tires are 4 inches wide, there is 600 pounds on them, they flatten out a bit on the bottom and you cant even see the profile in that picture. 2) why cant i ask a question about turbo positioning? maby i wanted to keep the v band clamp and maby someone else had a suggestion on what to do. 3) this 240 is my daily driver and the pussy ass 2.4 in it wasn't cutting it for me so i went with a cheap build that turned out to be a full motor build cause i got carried away. hence the eBay turbo manifold. ease up a little man.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

I just know thats not the motor in there and get annoyed when they post up pics of **** thats not their own and claim to run times they will never see in their life.
NorCalDime

Post by NorCalDime »

dude is a fake. pics in a sec.
NorCalDime

Post by NorCalDime »

ok dude you just got pwned

1983 Camaro engine bay.

Look at the Radiator core support, how big and bulky it is and the hood latch, not even close.

1967 camaro engine bay

Now look at this IDENTICAL radiator core support and hood latch.

sorry buddy

IT GETS EVEN BETTER

look at the name of that picture....
30876d1184106664-twin-turbo-1st-gen-picture-1012.jpg

hrmm 1st gen eh? thought you had a 3rd gen?

then a quick google of twin-turbo-1st-gen gave me this site

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo- ... t-gen.html

So he must have bought the front clip from this guy?
http://carsbyss.com/extreme-cars/extrem ... aro-black/

oh and it is a 406 not a 355

]ZIIIIING! :lol:
NorCalDime

Post by NorCalDime »

it gets even better.

he is the motor in that green car.

Image[/img]

all this care of his photobucket account

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ ... ?start=180

and the man of the hour
Ken Wantrobski

http://www.myspace.com/bmxforlifeeee

teh internets are serus busness!
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

AHAHAHAH YESS!!

would u like to be my best freind norcaldime? anyone capable of compiling that serious of pwnage is the **** in my book. thank you for contributing this to this thread. o the joys of being 18 with a 240 with jdm crap parts posting up his fathers hulkmobile camaro claiming it runs low 8's at 146 on street tires needs to get shut up, no matter what way u look at it.

KEN WANTROBSKI ..... YOU FAIL

demotivational pics to follow soon
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

scrawny lil guy isn he. Ha ^ PWN this just made my day. I mean don't feel bad I drive a twin turbo lamborgini SEE Image But its no where near as fast as my 240.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

Why do I have a feeling this is going in the www stock photo filing cabinet
NorCalDime wrote:Image
Original owner of a 93' champagne colored, corn eating fastback. Growl and bite is a bit meaner, but she's still my little girl.

I'm not out, just doing a couple of other things for a bit.. brb
ghostchild316
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ghostchild316 »

that **** is funny. From the beginning I knew something didn't add up...
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

deff. the best thread in a while... Hey anyone want his phone number? i have free background reports for a month.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
NorCalDime

Post by NorCalDime »

haha glad you guys liked it. Once i started with the action i couldnt stop. This needs to be archived..
Berserker
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Berserker »

lol @ this
608 whp @ 27.25 psi powered by Precision6262
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

+1 on archive... Good thread to send the 1337 JAYDEM Liars too, when they get caught.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Sticky!

no honestly, noobs need to understand how things work!

we also need to make advanced and basic all on section b/c people dont understand the diffrence, and it really pisses me off to see "car smoking" and "turbo dosent fit" in advanced
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s