C4 or Th400 transmission

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
kevinwarren240
NooB

C4 or Th400 transmission

Post by kevinwarren240 »

I want to swap to a built automatic that will hold atleast 800whp and was wondering if someone could point me in the right directions for either a C4 since i know ams makes the kit to bolt one up but what are people using for the flexplate,convertor, and driveshaft. i assume a stock automatic flexplate with a hybrid convertor but where can i find all the parts does anyone make a kit or know someone that would set me up with it?

also same for the th400 anyone doing that swap same things go for that.

any help will be appreciated
getting my 89' back on the road!
Skeeg
240sx Wannabe

Post by Skeeg »

viewtopic.php?t=1553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

found this thread, dont know if it will help u out but it had pictures and pictures rule.
kevinwarren240
NooB

Post by kevinwarren240 »

i have read that entire post and really didnt give much help, i called ams about the c4 adapter and trans mount and that is all they offer. they told me to check the forums to see what others are using for the driveshaft,convertor,flexplate,
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

pm brad about the converter? seems kind of obvious. there is no set info out about it, just talk to someone who has done it. you could get ivan from ams's email maybe and talk to him about it as well.
kevinwarren240
NooB

Post by kevinwarren240 »

aww well thank you, yes it is kinda obvious i was making a post just incase people wanted to post up some info to help other people out also. I am sure i am not the only person wondering this.
Skeeg
240sx Wannabe

Post by Skeeg »

TSI race prepped 300ZX TT AT transmission

if u want auto this is a possibility, its whats ivan was using in his car.
BRAD D
KA-T.org Featured Ride
KA-T.org Featured Ride

Post by BRAD D »

kinda a old post but

stock flexplate (would be cool to get a custom one made sfi, i have cracked one)

custom drive shaft made with dana spicer yoke that bolts up to the nissan diff i forget the part number. my shaft was made by strange and its 4140 cromo

custom converter made by lane at ptc

laser cut shifter plate with bm shifter
s13hector
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: C4 or Th400 transmission

Post by s13hector »

brad by any change do u know the part number dana spicer yoke that fit the nissan diff