C4 AUTOMATIC ON 240SX S14

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
eldonky
Learners Permit

C4 AUTOMATIC ON 240SX S14

Post by eldonky »

Whats up guys, i was reading up on some posts of people running Ford C4 autos on a ka. any one have some more info on that. i have the C4, AMS adaptor plates and Xmember with the bellhousing, but was wondering if someone could get me some pics of their setup and what they recommended for gearing/ converter. im running 4.08 now with a Q45 connverted rear. also whats the best shifter to run and if they recommend a certain drive shaft. the Motor witll be around 750hp.. also how stretable will it be with the 3speed..

thanks for any and all your help!

Frank
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

If Ivan was active on the forums he could tell you heh.
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
eldonky
Learners Permit

Post by eldonky »

called over their and was told he dropped the project but was abel to buy the adaptor plate and the x member from them but any other info would help..

thanks the the reply tho..
boker240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by boker240 »

pm efeezi or elks240 i think they both ran c4s.or scroll through the 600+ post if u search "automatic tranny."
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
eldonky
Learners Permit

Post by eldonky »

ive searched, none have pics and none are detailed
basic
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by basic »

*cough* viewtopic.php?t=1553 */cough*
'87 200SX Hatch - complete with KA24DE swap.
'91 240SX hatch complete with super rare sunroof insert and bag.
chubbza5 wrote:Well hey, truck engine + truck turbo, why not!
eldonky
Learners Permit

Post by eldonky »

i read that whole post. for some reason all the links and pics posted dont work..

thanks tho...
oilman
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by oilman »

well 750 hp is not very street-able. You will have a very small power-band. but it will be drivable on the street but you will have to have a high stall converter and you will be turn high rpms cursing on the highway.
˙ʞɔɐq ǝdıduʍop ɥɔuıᄐ llnɟ 'ᄐʌıısɯ 'ɔɔ0ㄥᄐ ɹs '8ᄅʇ ㄣ⇂s 'ʇunoɯ ɯoʇʇoq ᄅʇ ɔɐss 'ǝdnoɔ ⇂66⇂
EviltoM wrote:this is the dumbest ***** post ive seen this year. congrats.
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

oilman wrote:well 750 hp is not very street-able. You will have a very small power-band. but it will be drivable on the street but you will have to have a high stall converter and you will be turn high rpms cursing on the highway.
ok, no, and what?

do you have any idea about choosing a stall converter? it is very case specific, but going to a HUGE stall is going to do nothing good for you unless the motor is reving very high. and how do you know he is going to have a small power band? do you know what turbo he has and what he is spinning the motor to? with that said, lets have a little more info about the ka, its turbo setup, and what you are going to spin the motor to. and why would he be cursing on the highway? a 3 speed with that gear will go down the freeway at a plenty descent rpm. also, why is 750hp not streetable? kedbmx daily drives his rig with a/c and 700 some whp.

oilman, id just step out of this convo now...
eldonky
Learners Permit

Post by eldonky »

im running a pte 6765 .. just want all the details on this swap.. not allot of people to clear on this...

thanks for all your help guys.
bane

Post by bane »

still need some more info. There are alot of calculators to help you pick out the stall that you will want. If not, get a close estimate of how the power band is going to look by answering all the questions then you can simply call whom ever you wish to buy the convertor from and give them all the info about the car and they should be able to point you in the right direction for choosing the correct converter.
klattr1
Forum Moderator

Post by klattr1 »

either run a tighter converter (lower stall) + nitrous or loose converter (higher stall) + transbrake (no nitrous)...both have there advantages/disadvtanges.

just send an email to Brad Davies...look at his profile here: http://ka-t.org/brad_d.php
eldonky
Learners Permit

Post by eldonky »

thanks for all your replys..
oilman

Post by oilman »

TinyT wrote:
oilman wrote:well 750 hp is not very street-able. You will have a very small power-band. but it will be drivable on the street but you will have to have a high stall converter and you will be turn high rpms cursing on the highway.
ok, no, and what?

do you have any idea about choosing a stall converter? it is very case specific, but going to a HUGE stall is going to do nothing good for you unless the motor is reving very high. and how do you know he is going to have a small power band? do you know what turbo he has and what he is spinning the motor to? with that said, lets have a little more info about the ka, its turbo setup, and what you are going to spin the motor to. and why would he be cursing on the highway? a 3 speed with that gear will go down the freeway at a plenty descent rpm. also, why is 750hp not streetable? kedbmx daily drives his rig with a/c and 700 some whp.

oilman, id just step out of this convo now...
Show me a auto ka with 700whp+ that doent have a 2000rpm power band. Also show me a auto ka that runs anything less then a 3500rpm stall on a c4, oh you cant and you never has a high hp car with a auto have you. Yes you can daily drive a 700 whp+ car but you cant afford the race gas to run it up to 700whp on the road i should of stated you can but it will cost you your first born if you have the boost up to make 700whp.
˙ʞɔɐq ǝdıduʍop ɥɔuıᄐ llnɟ 'ᄐʌıısɯ 'ɔɔ0ㄥᄐ ɹs '8ᄅʇ ㄣ⇂s 'ʇunoɯ ɯoʇʇoq ᄅʇ ɔɐss 'ǝdnoɔ ⇂66⇂
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

that makes no sense at all, and you are the only one that thinks that, so it doesnt really matter. and e85 is pretty dirt cheap, and can support 700+whp quite fine. thanks for playing.
oilman

Post by oilman »

Well your lucky to have e85 but not everyone has it so you are stuck running race gas.
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

i have more than a 2k power band.. i make 200whp at 4k and 500whp at 5k and 710whp at 7500
eldonky
Learners Permit

Post by eldonky »

Ok well i will be working with lane over at PTE racing and he will be setting me up with my converter..

any one have an idea on what gears i should run with the C4? i have 4.08 but im not shure those will not workout..
bane

Post by bane »

your going to want to know which gear your going to run before buying the convertor. Its going to make a difference in how the car performs.
oilman

Post by oilman »

crazys14 wrote:i have more than a 2k power band.. i make 200whp at 4k and 500whp at 5k and 710whp at 7500
Ok so your saying that it doesn't spike in power.without seeing a graph you might have a 3000rpm power band my god.

200whp at 4k wow thats a 50 hp over stock so i wouldn't say you have a great wide power band.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

oilman wrote:
crazys14 wrote:i have more than a 2k power band.. i make 200whp at 4k and 500whp at 5k and 710whp at 7500
Ok so your saying that it doesn't spike in power.without seeing a graph you might have a 3000rpm power band my god.

200whp at 4k wow thats a 50 hp over stock so i wouldn't say you have a great wide power band.
200whp @ 4000 bro.......stock is 155 @ like 6800.and 500whp @ 5000,700+@7500.............btw 4000rpm to 7500 is 3500 rpm pb.sounds pretty badass to me.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
eldonky
Learners Permit

Post by eldonky »

auto ka's will have more than 2k power band and im not asking if a 700hp KA will be streetable, im askin how streetable will the KA be with the C4 in it and lets say a 5500 stall converter on it.. just cuz you have a 7-800hp car does not mean your going to be boosting off the green light and goin to BK and 2 steppin in the drive tru...lol
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

A c4 is more than streetable, that stall is not. My buddy put a 4500 in his t/a and it's just stupid, it doesn't lock up till 5000 and only pulls to 7000. What you need to do is have a shop build your stall, they will ask you all the right questions and then give u what u need
eldonky
Learners Permit

Post by eldonky »

any1 else running a c4?
smracing

Post by smracing »

Id run a powerglide with a low first gear before Id run a c4. With the right convertor, the powerglide will be quicker at your HP levels. I've swapped 2 turbo mustangs (one 2.3, one 347) from 3 speeds to powerglides. Both picked up ET.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

smracing wrote:Id run a powerglide with a low first gear before Id run a c4. With the right convertor, the powerglide will be quicker at your HP levels. I've swapped 2 turbo mustangs (one 2.3, one 347) from 3 speeds to powerglides. Both picked up ET.
ive thought that a pglide would be awesome for a drag set up but would be killing some rpm's on the street.not very streetable imo.
currently n/a.

torch'd

Post by torch'd »

im working on a drag car i can use for the street currently as well. im looking at a 3500 stall that will flash around 4200 and this is for 400-500 wheel. looking for 9's on a 26" slick.
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
smracing

Post by smracing »

boker240 wrote:
smracing wrote:Id run a powerglide with a low first gear before Id run a c4. With the right convertor, the powerglide will be quicker at your HP levels. I've swapped 2 turbo mustangs (one 2.3, one 347) from 3 speeds to powerglides. Both picked up ET.
ive thought that a pglide would be awesome for a drag set up but would be killing some rpm's on the street.not very streetable imo.
Both were street cars, and trust me, you won't be able to tell the difference between the two or three speed with the right convertor. They would have close to the same first gear, and have 1:1 for high gear. What's not streetable about that?