Ideas on O2 housing dilemma

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
NitroLS13
NooB

Ideas on O2 housing dilemma

Post by NitroLS13 »

It wouldnt let me post my picture stating the quota has been met of where my o2 housing is coming in contact with my master cylinder. I had a few ideas but obviously they all either cost a couple hundred dollars or I do not have the equipment to do so. So i am looking for relatively easy applications to try.

The dilemma is that my o2 housing comes into contact with the brake lines. My cheap ideas were to dent the o2 housing in where they meet, try to bend the lines without kinking them. Other more costly ideas were to buy a brake boost delete kit giving me plenty of room, buying another master cylinder that has the brake lines coming out the other side of it, and last and the most expensive is to buy a new exhaust manifold.
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: Ideas on O2 housing dilemma

Post by beercandrifter »

get a brake line bending tool and move the brake lines if you done want a new manifold (will keep you from kinking the lines)
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

shouldn't cost more than $40 to move the lines if you bend them yourself...make a heatshiled and be sure you get enough clearance between the master and the o2 housing.

brakes are important.
TrackStarGT
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by TrackStarGT »

If im understanding you correctly, you are talking about your o2 sensor bung/sensor? If so, I would buy a 18 x 1.5 plug and plug it then buy new bung and have relocated. shouldnt be more than $50, plug $4 bung $5-10 welding around $40.
Daily Driver: 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7 TRD
Project and DD: 1995 Nissan 240sx Frankenstein

I live and breathe physics, mechanics, motorsports!!

My build thread viewtopic.php?f=40&t=60602
AFKOUKI
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by AFKOUKI »

I agree with trackstar. just plug the hole and have a new one welded further down the exhaust. make the parts fit the car, not the car to fit the parts
casey115764
Learners Permit

Post by casey115764 »

They sell 90 degree fittings that will thread into the bung. Not sure if this would help your set up but it might be something worth looking into. Also I'm not sure how this would affect your readings iv heard it doesn't affect readings but with the o2 sensor not actually in the down pipe it seems like it would change it atleast a little.
SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoundEfx »

casey115764 wrote:They sell 90 degree fittings that will thread into the bung. Not sure if this would help your set up but it might be something worth looking into. Also I'm not sure how this would affect your readings iv heard it doesn't affect readings but with the o2 sensor not actually in the down pipe it seems like it would change it atleast a little.
That is a good idea, but you're right, it will change the o2 readings.
I know this because that is the 'trick' we use for the secondary o2 sensor that 'monitors' the efficiency of the cat.
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "