Rusted out coolant pipe on intake?

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
DRFTPUNK
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Rusted out coolant pipe on intake?

Post by DRFTPUNK »

Hello guys its been a while! the good news is my forged long block is finally finished after what seems like an eternity, i was fishing out my accessory parts from shed storage and found my coolant pipe to be pretty well done for. however the rest of the manifold is in perfect shape. I was hoping to find a good way to not spend much money and remedy this and was looking for input.

my idea is to cut out the original piece of pipe somehow and tap the intake manifold and add a new piece of aluminum pipe or maybe stainless steel?

as much as i would love an Excessive one it is far out of the budget, and though i could probably buy another intake online or at the junkyard it is just more money i'd prefer to spend on other stuff. also if i can do it this way it will ensure it will never be a problem again.

Any feedback on this project would be appreciated :D
supakat wrote:I will tell you one thing, if I had to choose between stretched tires and stretched pu$$y, I would go with tires.

S14 Zenki, GT35, 80lb injectors, RS Enthalpy tune, Eagle/ Wiseco 8.8/1.
Formerly Known as ISpentAllMyMoneyOnTires

RIP 480sx
street_240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: Rusted out coolant pipe on intake?

Post by street_240sx »

Im sure you could find another stock manifold. Or if youre talking about just the heater bits, just run hose no need for the metal connectors
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

if you can get a shop to tap it for you, you can buy the barb fittings for about 20$ (dont remember the diameter of the pipe coming out of the manifold)
http://www.summitracing.com/search/part ... %20fitting

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mez-wn0032b/overview/
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
DRFTPUNK
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by DRFTPUNK »

Oh update on this! While i was searching around yes you can get a fitting on summit that is similar however it isn't exactly stock spec. I happened to notice that the Xcessive manifold has a tapped in pipe and gave them a call turns out that they make their fitting to spec in house so that they will fit perfect either rubber or silicon hose, also the piece can be had for ~20+shipping i just need to find out how and where to get it tapped to accept the piece.
supakat wrote:I will tell you one thing, if I had to choose between stretched tires and stretched pu$$y, I would go with tires.

S14 Zenki, GT35, 80lb injectors, RS Enthalpy tune, Eagle/ Wiseco 8.8/1.
Formerly Known as ISpentAllMyMoneyOnTires

RIP 480sx
beercandrifter

Post by beercandrifter »

DRFTPUNK wrote:Oh update on this! While i was searching around yes you can get a fitting on summit that is similar however it isn't exactly stock spec. I happened to notice that the Xcessive manifold has a tapped in pipe and gave them a call turns out that they make their fitting to spec in house so that they will fit perfect either rubber or silicon hose, also the piece can be had for ~20+shipping i just need to find out how and where to get it tapped to accept the piece.
take the old one out without damaging the aluminum intake side
toss the press fit piece in a freezer
let it sit for an hour
get a piece of wood and a hammer
take the piece out of the freezer
place the piece in the opening to the manifold
place the wood on the otherside of the piece
tap the wood with the hammer in a circular motion around the pipe so it goes in evenly

section option,
buy a press
press it in.
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring