AEM v2 wiring?

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
Tyrell240
240sx Wannabe

AEM v2 wiring?

Post by Tyrell240 »

My car is at the local tuner trying to get this thing going. I went from enthalpy to aem so I got rid of the maf and added map and iat and left the wires hanging from those two for the shop to rewire and pin. After they got those wired and figured out the car they called me to tell me the brand new ems was dead. Apparently they have had a few brand new AEM v2 dead right out of the box on the last year. Sent it in to aem to get tested and everything checked out fine. Ecu showed power and signal. I called the shop and they said no way don't let them send it back until we get it figured out. AEM called the shop working on my car directly and then called me back to inform me that my wiring harness must be from a 93 and the pin out was different and that's the problem.

I was under the impression that all the s13 ka24de harnesses were the same? Is this guy full of s&#t or am I missing something? Has anybody using aem v2 had to deal with re-pinning any wires? Any help would be apreciated. I'm sure the shop will be able to figure this out but if I can get a head start while the aem is being shipped back that would help a lot. My car has been eating up a stall at the shop for 3 weeks while aem took there sweet time
I'm new so take it easy... But if it's easy take it twice