Turboholics Cams. Anyone have concrete info?

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
Kill3rwill
240sx Wannabe

Turboholics Cams. Anyone have concrete info?

Post by Kill3rwill »

Long story short I bought a set of "jwt s1's" off of here a few years back. Get them in, jwt nowhere to be found on the package, after looking around I realize I had a set of turboholics Cams. Turboholic himself didn't know much about these cams other than they came from Australia, and were 264 turbo cams. I'm guessing they were made by kelford in new Zealand but I'm unsure. Anyway I measured the lift and it came out to I believe high 9's,like 9.9mm of lift or so. A good half mm higher than my bc v2's. I also noticed tons of lag when I ran them, switching back to the Bc's netted a few hundred rpm worth of spool and no noticeable loss of power. So jump to today and I finally have a set of adjustable cam gears and plan on dropping the turboholics back in and dialing out some overlap. Does anyone have some Input on what these cams are based/copied off of? Any data? Adjustment info? Anything is well appreciated.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Re: Turboholics Cams. Anyone have concrete info?

Post by airman »

I have a set; I never got a chance to do a before/after as the build I was going to do so on died, then I went straight for the new cams in the next build.

If I recall correctly, they are based on the Crower 264 profile. I have not degreed them but I imagine it will be worth the time considering the rather impressive results I always tend to see when someone takes the time to get them set 100%.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Kill3rwill
240sx Wannabe

Post by Kill3rwill »

Crower and not Brian Crower I assume. I've heard a lot of different things, from kelford, to jwt s1 knock offs. Either way I'm sure they're better than my bc V2. I just got cam gears in today. Is there a standard concensus on timing them? Standard I've seen is 2.5 degree retard on intake and 2.5 advance on exhaust.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Every motor is different. This is due to change stretch, decking of head/bloc, etc. You will need to degree them based on your own setup but the is when to set the lift @ .050". I hope you can get some info. If not then use Crower cam card for 264's.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
signals13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by signals13 »

I have a set installed on my engine, I'll be keeping an eye on this post and will be looking forward to doing the same soon.