S14 KA-T Boost issues

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
King240sx
NooB

S14 KA-T Boost issues

Post by King240sx »

S14 ka24de-t people! I'm having some issues and wondering if anyone else has come across it as well. I have made a ton of mistakes during this build but now I'm pretty sure they are all fixed except one problem .. I'll get into that in a bit here but I just want to let you guys know about the car first.

First off it's a cx racing kit with the t04e turbo just running off the waste gate (10psi), timing is retarded properly, egr delete, 480cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump, rs enthalpy tune, tps set to 0.5v, bkr7e spark plugs (regapped to .30 because I was blowing out spark at .35), wideband, and boost gauge. (Likely missing things)

Now to the issue I take the car out and it will pull hard and boost awesome for about 2 minutes and then will fall on its face and won't boost and is extremely rich (low 9s) immediately I thought boost leak so I took it home checked it all over and tightened everything up, all is good and I took it out again.. exact same issue. Ideas? Things to check?

Replaced the coolant tempature sensor still having the same issue.

Thanks.
duncan351
KA-T.org Featured Ride
KA-T.org Featured Ride

Re: S14 KA-T Boost issues

Post by duncan351 »

You need a TEchtom or DataScan to see all your values. Specific values I can think to be looking for is MAF sensor, coolant, CAS sensor signals , Injector pulse width before and after the engine starts to give the problem. I would start there.
843whp @ 40psi
761/596 Tq 33psi 6766
http://www.enginerebuild.net
"Anyone can make power but how long can you make it last?"