Ka24DE coil on plug conversion

Advanced discussion of improving KA-T components
LeoDonga
NooB

Ka24DE coil on plug conversion

Post by LeoDonga »

Hi, Im new at ka-t.org, Im from Costa Rica, so, I already read some good information about the conversion I want to make, but I just want to be shure of make the best I can, and maybe some one could help me with more especific information for the parts I have, I want to change my distributor plug wires into coil on plug, Im using an AEM series 2 ECU, I want to know whats the best coils I can use, and what else I have to do... I appreciate any help I receive... Thanks...
Attachments
IMG_5376.JPG
tuzzio
240sx Wannabe

Re: Ka24DE coil on plug conversion

Post by tuzzio »

I run AEM v2 and Chevy LS2 coils. heres my thread. You have to obviously wire them in and change some settings. I posted screen shots of my settings in the thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62460
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I'm running the LQ9/LS2 coils too. They're known as the D585 coils and they're one of the more powerful OEM coils you can get. I'm running NGK BKR7EIX iridium plugs with .030" gap and haven't had a single spark issue all the way up to 24 psi. Those coils plus the iridium plugs is just a great combo.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
LeoDonga
NooB

Post by LeoDonga »

Perfect, I just buy that ones the LQ9 D585 coils 2 days ago... And im waiting for some other new parts I buy, I hope I can boost 30psi :D, thanks for youre advices...