New to ka-t. from wherever the military sends me, USA

Introduce Yourself Here First!
jordan91hatch
NooB

New to ka-t. from wherever the military sends me, USA

Post by jordan91hatch »

What's up yall, my names Jordan. I've owned a 240 for six months or so. I got hooked when I started working on my buddies sr kouki. But I'm a ka guy. I fried the stock ka, built a high compression and got bored, and am now onto a ka-t setup. Here's a parts list, I'm willing and wanting to learn all I can do please give your input! Thanks!

91 ka, just "rebuilt" previous owner fried ring lands. Honed cylinders but didn't need to bore, replaced pistons and rings with npr. I know, not the best quality, but I'm on a tight budget.

Cometic 1.1mm head gasket
ARP head studs
Emance tuned ecu (also debatable but it worked for previous owner. Will try until I get money for enthalpy)
Sr 370cc injectors
T28 turbo
Fmic
Walbro 255
Manual boost controller (shooting for 12-14lbs)
Stance coilovers
Welded diff (drift missile)
Boost, oil pressure, oil temp, and wideband o2 gauges.
Ecu is tuned for this setup, for now.

What're yalls thoughts on this? I'm shooting for a reliable 300 whp that I can weekend drift. It's not completed yet, I have to order turbo and walbro. Next week. :)

Thanks in advance, I've been snooping the search button on here forever.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Re: New to ka-t. from wherever the military sends me, USA

Post by airman »

Hey there, welcome to the mad house :)

Build looks good - good on you for not buying Emance yourself ;) If it runs okay now, that is the important part. I will say 370cc injectors may be small for a reliable 300hp goal. 550cc may be a proper upgrade, but of course, this will be up to you to make sure you compensate in the tune. That said, may check out enthalpy or a realtime/standalone ECU you can play with the tunes yourself.

:D
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
jordan91hatch
NooB

Post by jordan91hatch »

I'm leaning towards enthalpy or jwt for my next tune just because I don't know much about tuning or the software to run standalone yet. What 550's would you recommend? Do you think the 370's will be okay to run on 12-14 lbs? Debating on whether or not to run an in line fpr, I have a manual one that the previous owner set was already set for the setup but again not sure how much I'm willing to trust it..
PatPutter14
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by PatPutter14 »

Welcome! Nice setup
Theres no Replacement for Displacement! Machine it Right the First Time....