New member with something same but different

Introduce Yourself Here First!
Terranosaurus II
Learners Permit

New member with something same but different

Post by Terranosaurus II »

Hi all, from Sydney Aus, with a 1997 Terrano II with a KA24E and 5spd. Built it in the 2 months I've owned it, from this

To this

Have put in a 2" bodylift, it had 2" towing springs in the rear, just wound the torsion bars up, will get a Calmini 3" lift kit later in the year. And the 33" mud tyres, very noisey and aggressive, not a huge fan.

And this weekend I have been busy installing this

Tight budget, total cost so far around $1100 on the turbo kit, including-

-Godspeed manifold
-Nissan Garrett T3
-Ebay piping
-S4 RX7 top mount IC
-Used 3" WRX exhaust

Will be getting RX7 injectors, bigger fuel pump and chip soon, and probably build a better fresh motor later with forged kit and bigger turbo, see how I go. And thanks for the info regarding the turbo conversion KA-T.org, been very helpful :)
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

Wow that is awesome! It'd be amazing if that thing was 4wd, because I would want to find the transmission + transfer case lol.

Looking forward to seeing it in action and how a tune and a built motor looks :)
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Terranosaurus II
Learners Permit

It is 4WD with hi/lo range, autolocking front hubs and LSD rear, the whole thing underneath the body is a Pathfinder, besides the engine obviously
souljaseth33
240sx Wannabe

Post by souljaseth33 »

this thing looks sweet man!
Hebrew Hammer - The baddest Heeb this side of Tel Aviv

www.slideny.com

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Terranosaurus II
Learners Permit

Thanks man
2FAS240
240sx Wannabe

Post by 2FAS240 »

I like it!!!!!!!! thanks for sharing! and Welcome to KA-T
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

souljaseth33 wrote:this thing looks sweet man!
I want your transmission and transfer case. NOW lol
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Terranosaurus II
Learners Permit

What do you have to put the box and transfer into, they; weight heaps! I'll load a vid when I have it finished at the drags with 2wd and 4wd launch :twisted:
harkey
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by harkey »

different is a under statement lol very cool
bigdreams05
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by bigdreams05 »

Wow! Looks awesome. Look forward to those launch vids. Someone work on fitiing the AWD into a 240 NOW! Lol. Keep up the good work.
Terranosaurus II
Learners Permit

Thanks, just took it for its boosted maiden voyage, goes well :) no exhaust, just dump pipe lol, people were too wtf to complain about the noise
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

bigdreams05 wrote:Wow! Looks awesome. Look forward to those launch vids. Someone work on fitiing the AWD into a 240 NOW! Lol. Keep up the good work.
It's been done before [allegedly] but using skyline awd stuff.

After I make it out of graduate school in a few years, I'm definitely looking to try an AWD KA-t. I'd only be worried about weight and finding gear ratios that are appropriate!

Hell, might even have to lift it haha