bay area s14

Introduce Yourself Here First!
mt2forty
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

bay area s14

Post by mt2forty »

Hi from a first time ka-t guy from SF. My weapon of choice is a 95 240.

I stick primarily to autocross, but will eventually be tracking the car a bit as well.

Thanks for keeping this community going - it has answered countless questions thus far! Happy to be a part of it!

Dro
Learners Permit

Post by Dro »

I have always loved this color!
Welcome to the forums man, hope you enjoy your stay.
:)
vitaliko
Learners Permit

Post by vitaliko »

Nice s14 and welcome fellow Bay Arean(I am 20min south from you)!
mt2forty

Post by mt2forty »

vitaliko wrote:Nice s14 and welcome fellow Bay Arean(I am 20min south from you)!
Great - don't know any other KA-T guys in the area. I'm technically in south city...need space to have cars...SF doesn't really support that lifestyle tremendously well...
wannabethestig
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by wannabethestig »

Nice car. What's your suspension/tire setup look like?
My wife "haven't you spent enough time and money on that car yet?" my answer "no"

The build thread-> viewtopic.php?t=58421&highlight=
mt2forty

Post by mt2forty »

Suspension is relatively new, so still getting it set up just right.

Koni 8611s. 750# front, playing with 350# rear springs. Richard's housings. SPL arms. T3 camber plates. Tanabe bar in the front, whiteline in the rear.
- Camber: -4.2 front, -2.5 rear
- Toe: 0 all around for now...that's bound to change drastically one I get the other stuff set up better.
- Caster: 7.5 deg

Running 285/30/18s on 18x9.5 +20 all around with 10mm spacers for autox. Took a bit to get the fronts to fit very well.

Suspension is feeling good...better than the ka-t, which I'm still new to and figuring out...gotta figure out why the air pours through the IACV and air regulator when I boost leak...it didn't before...
vitaliko
Learners Permit

Post by vitaliko »

mt2forty wrote:Great - don't know any other KA-T guys in the area. I'm technically in south city...need space to have cars...SF doesn't really support that lifestyle tremendously well...
True that, I just rented a garage in order to have somewhere to work on the car and I don't even live in the city.
mt2forty

Post by mt2forty »

vitaliko wrote:True that, I just rented a garage in order to have somewhere to work on the car and I don't even live in the city.
I don't really need the garage space, but I've always been curious about renting some - where did you rent the space?
vitaliko
Learners Permit

Post by vitaliko »

mt2forty wrote:
vitaliko wrote:True that, I just rented a garage in order to have somewhere to work on the car and I don't even live in the city.
I don't really need the garage space, but I've always been curious about renting some - where did you rent the space?
Its just a standalone garage at a friends house. There were some on craigslist that I considered too but the ads said no automotive repair which I think in the end I could have talked them into allowing it seeing how I would have kept it clean and noise free. But yeah its tough.
mt2forty

Post by mt2forty »

vitaliko wrote:Its just a standalone garage at a friends house. There were some on craigslist that I considered too but the ads said no automotive repair which I think in the end I could have talked them into allowing it seeing how I would have kept it clean and noise free. But yeah its tough.
Ah, I see.

It's definitely tough to find space in this area where people will put up with us and this hobby of ours.

Ever come out to autox in the area? Few different autox events this weekend... :-)

Or are you a drifter? Track?
vitaliko
Learners Permit

Post by vitaliko »

mt2forty wrote:
vitaliko wrote:Its just a standalone garage at a friends house. There were some on craigslist that I considered too but the ads said no automotive repair which I think in the end I could have talked them into allowing it seeing how I would have kept it clean and noise free. But yeah its tough.
Ah, I see.

It's definitely tough to find space in this area where people will put up with us and this hobby of ours.

Ever come out to autox in the area? Few different autox events this weekend... :-)

Or are you a drifter? Track?
Ideally I am a rally driver, but drifting will do. I've done a few autox's in the past and many track days.