My ka24de build

Introduce Yourself Here First!
Dropdatbirth
NooB

My ka24de build

Post by Dropdatbirth »

As this is my very first build thread. So please hold on and try to be understanding as i have quite a few questions for you fellow nissan gurus. Haha

Building a 1992 nissan 240sx,
Have a 92 ka24de block, bored .20 over. With polished and ground crank, oversized king bearings, manley H beam rods and supertech pistons(got em for free bnib from a friend)9:1 compression. ARP head studs as well.
The head is fully rebuilt and has stock cams, and full stock valve train.
Have megasquirt standalone and 1000cc fuel injector dynamic injectors with ams fuel rail, on tomei fpr. Car will have isr 3871(basically the 2871 garrett)
With a tial 44 mm external waste gate. Running stock ka 5 speed trans and nismo locking 2 way differential. It have ls2 coil packs as well.

I guess what im curious to hear is what are most of you making power wise for a setup alot like this?
Should i swap out intake manifolds? Im curious if im gonna be blowing stock ka trans missions from the gate. Im looking for 400 whp.
Attachments
Snapchat-7105120202373578051.jpg
adamky
SuperMod

Re: My ka24de build

Post by adamky »

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got a decent build there. You should be able to make 350-400whp on that setup. The stock intake manifold will be fine. Plenty of people have made good power with it.

The stock trans should be fine at that power level. It all depends on how hard you are on it.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
ICEMAN.KCMO
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: My ka24de build

Post by ICEMAN.KCMO »

adamky wrote:Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've got a decent build there. You should be able to make 350-400whp on that setup. The stock intake manifold will be fine. Plenty of people have made good power with it.

The stock trans should be fine at that power level. It all depends on how hard you are on it.
With the transmission, learn to shift and it will last a good while. Practice. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Also, read this thread about the head studs. I am glad I saw this before I bolted my head on. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62827
Steve.